MAK Amish Summer Sausage

nepas

Ok so i got the new stuffer, my mom made me some cotton sausage bags when i was in Calif.

So

How bouts some MAK Amish Summer Sausage ;)

My new stuffer going through the workout.

DSC00679.jpg

Ready to stuff the bags
DSC00682.jpg

The SS is around 4 3/4 pounds between all 3 bags. Hanging so the water drips out some.
DSC00683.jpg

Ready for MAK
DSC00684.jpg

In my MAK on smoke setting with Apple. Have to lay them on the jerky racks. Need as much space between the SS and the heat.
DSC00686.jpg

DSC00685.jpg

Dear Santa

Do you have a smart elf that can make a tall hanging sausage cabinet with a door, hooks and vent that can fit over my MAK side smoke box ;)

I been good all year :D

CarterQ

Do you have a smart elf that can make a tall hanging sausage cabinet with a door, hooks and vent that can fit over my MAK side smoke box ;)

I been good all year :D

A warming box extension / cabinet would be very cool! Can't wait to see how that sausage turns out.

TentHunter

NePas,

I got my Sausage stuffer ordered last evening. Cabelas had the Weston stuffers on sale so I got the 7lb. version with the stainless steal stuffing tubes. It looks similar to the one your using in these pics. It had very high ratings for being built like a tank.

Are those cotton bags muslin or some other cotton material? My wife sews and could make some up.

TentHunter

OK, You and/or Deb are gonna have to teach me how to make summer sausage now that my stuffer is on its way.

I LOVE mustard seed in sausage.

nepas

OK, You and/or Deb are gonna have to teach me how to make summer sausage now that my stuffer is on its way.

I LOVE mustard seed in sausage.

Its easy TH

Just remember to ALWAYS use cure #1 even when in your MAK
1 level tsp per every 5 lbs of meat. 1/4 tsp for a 2 lb batch

Top Bottom