Im late but there is a contest this week

Big Poppa

Administrator
Swamped at the world food championships cooking with the Jack Daniels winning Pig Skin BBQ sorry for the delay!
Just couldnt get to the computer yesterday

Bring it on

$25 credit to BPS First
$15 Credit to BPS Second
$10 Credit to Bps Third

$5 Credit to everybody else that enters

wneill20

What to do with left over pulled pork why not a Pizza.
The players, pull pork,pizza dough,jalapeons,tomatoes,BBQ Sauce, cilantro,cheese
PA291188.jpg

Let the dough rest for twenty
PA291189.jpg

Roll it out on the pizza stone
PA291190.jpg

Apply some BBQ sauce
PA291191.jpg

Add some puller pork
PA291192.jpg

More toppings
PA291193.jpg

Got to have more cheese
PA291194.jpg

Ready for the smoker
PA291195.jpg

On the smoker at 350* for 45 minutes
PA291196.jpg

Almost done
PA291197.jpg

Ducaticraig

That has to be one of the nicest looking Pizza's I've ever seen. Being new at making pizza I almost feel as though I should buy a pizza/dough press to get that perfectly round pizza. I just can't seem to master the dough shaping process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FLBentRider

Porterhouse for 100 miles of cycling

I am going to ride 100 miles Saturday, from Dolphins Stadium south to Miami and the up the coast to West Palm Beach

Start with a couple of Porterhouse steaks, rubbed with JG Raspberry Chipotle
on the MAK 2 Star on HIGH with BD Mesquite and grill grates
DSC_3084.jpg

The turn
DSC_3085.jpg

Done @123F IT

Mine
DSC_3086.jpg

Hers
DSC_3087.jpg

oh yeah!
DSC_3088.jpg

I completed the ride - 103.6 miles 6:27:57 8771 calories.

I only have to ride 70 miles tomorrow.

RickB

More Game Time Grub

Pulled Pork Cuban with Onion Rings and Potato Salad

Let’s make some roasted garlic Dijon aioli. The players.

IMG_1232-1.jpg

Let it sit for a hour or so.

Soaked the onion rings for an hour In buttermilk now let’s dredge

Oh ya the flour has some good stuff

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

Into the fridge to set up

Fried up and into a warm oven.

Now the Sammie. Some Cuban bread. The Dijon sauce in both sides

IMG_1251-1.jpg

Add the pulled pork.

IMG_1246.jpg

Add the Ham

IMG_1247-1.jpg

Now the swiss cheese

IMG_1248-1.jpg

Got the lodge griddle heating in the mak

IMG_1253-1.jpg

Onto the mak with a brick to press

IMG_1254-1.jpg

Lets plate it up. Cuban Sammie with Onion Rings and Potato Salad.

IMG_1255-1.jpg

Enjoy!

Deb

Arroz con Pollo

I have been meaning to make this, I have never had it before so I looked at a bunch of recipes and came up with this.....

the players...... some chicken thighs, drums & wings..... bacon ends, chicken stock, FT , red pepper, onion , garlic, tomato sauce, peas, cumin, mexican oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper & some saffron

photo-127.jpg

chopped up the bacon ends and into the MAK griddle (I love this thing) to get crispy and render the fat, gave it a little time and then added the chicken to catch a little smoke
photo-129.jpg

after the bacon crisped up I removed it, added a little oil and chicken went in to brown
9B19F026-B088-4F0F-AEBD-C0A8C6342409-5167-000027DA6CCEA8A5.jpg

chicken came out and the pepper & onions went in, then the garlic
photo-130.jpg

while all that was happening ..... the rest of the ingredients went into the dutch oven, added the pepper/onion/garlic, some rice and topped with the chicken

I was going to finish it off in the MAK but it didn't want to hold temp well (against my better judgement tried some new pellets, fail, shouldn't mess with what works well) so I finished off on the stove......

almost everybody in the pot
C0A4CDAD-8263-4316-A14C-7DBB9F099019-5167-000027DAA68D0F1E.jpg

last 5 minutes added the peas & the bacon bits
photo-131.jpg

photo-132.jpg

Enjoy

muebe

Carolina Treet Chicken Legs & Bacon Wrapped Smoked Ravoli

Started with chicken legs...

20121103_170744.jpg

Legs went into the vacuum tumbler with Carolina Treet and a cup of water...

20121103_172401.jpg

Went for 20 minutes of tumbling...

20121103_172823.jpg

Meanwhile I took out some frozen ravioli stuffed with chestnuts, prosciutto, and apple. Each one wrapped with bacon and coated with Big Poppa's Happy Ending rub...

20121103_175059.jpg

After tumbling the legs went on to the PTG on "smoke" for 20 minutes...

20121103_175823.jpg

And so did the ravioli...

20121103_180209.jpg

20 minutes later I pulled the ravioli off the PTG and turned it to high to grill the chicken...

20121103_183112.jpg

continued...

muebe

Melted unsalted butter, garlic, and more happy ending...

20121103_181032.jpg

20121103_183122.jpg

Then brushed the ravioli and into the oven broiler for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I pulled them out and brushed some more butter on them...

Back to the chicken. I continued to grill on high and turned every few minutes...

20121103_184325.jpg

All done...

20121103_190008.jpg

And plated...

20121103_190232.jpg

20121103_190247.jpg

20121103_190311.jpg

20121103_190254.jpg

Wing Commander

Pulled Pork & Pulled Beef

Yesterday I cooked for some friends:

A 9 lbs beef chuck roast....

DSC05535.JPG

...and a 7 lbs pork butt...

DSC05537.JPG

Smoked with cherry and hickory pellets at 250F.

DSC05538.JPG

After 11 hours I foiled the butt.

DSC05542.JPG

DSC05543.JPG

After 12 hours the beef was put in an aluminium pan with onions, bell pepper, garlic, mushrooms, a bit beef stock and red wine, then covered with foil, too.

DSC05545.JPG

The beef was pulled in the sauce of the pan. For the butt I offered a South Carolina mustard sauce, a Piedmont-style sauce and an Eastern North Carolina vinegar sauce.

The chuck roast before pulling:

DSC05558.JPG

DSC05563.JPG

Here's the pulled beef...

DSC05578.JPG

...and here's the pulled pork:

DSC05579.JPG

Deb

Well, I thought it was game day...........
figured I'd be nice and do a little game day snack for my husband...... Pats bye week, oh well........ gonna do it anyway because it's what I want for lunch ;)

some cream cheese on the counter to soften.... then mixed up some pretzel dough ...... while that was rising made some smoky beer cheese (Cliff's recipe http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet...day-beef-sticks-smoky-beer-cheese-spread-766/ )

light cream cheese, smoked cabot 50% light cheddar, smoked cabot seriously sharp cheddar, FT
photo-127-1.jpg

(shhh, don't tell anybody about that lower fat stuff in there)

shredded 1/2 of each of the cheddars, put them, the cream cheese, the beer and the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blended all up....... into the fridge to rest

got the MAK heating.....
rolled the dough into 10 strips, attempted some pretzel shapes, dipped into a baking soda, warm water, egg white solution (I'm too chicken to play with lye), then a little happy ending over 1/2
photo-129-1.jpg

I tossed some chicken wings with some Money then into the grill they went. A few minutes later the pretzels went in
Almost done
photo-127-2.jpg

everyone finished up at the same time, tossed the wings with some Mike's Hot Honey & lime

a little snack........ smoky beer cheese, pretzels & wings........ (the hot honey is really good on the pretzel too)
photo-130-1.jpg

Enjoy

Scallywag

Lazy Sunday Dinner

SO it's been awhile since I have had the chance to cook life has been crazy busy. Decided I wanted some smoked beef.. so I got me this.

Started up #855 and as soon as I turned her on I heard a whine from the auger... Uh Oh. Its been 3 weeks since I used her and the pellets in the Auger caught some moisture and jammed her up. At first I panicked but a quick youtube search and there was Mak Daddy giving me detailed instructions on how to pull the auger and fix it up. one word of advice is when putting the fan back in place make sure its facing the right way!! ( Dont ask me how I learned this ) So time was short cooking. so Crock pot cheat.
Onions, red wine, Cumin and Nutmeg.. as well as some Money rub

Pulled after 4 hours on 225

Got the slicer out

Simmered the sliced beef for 2 hours in the crock pot.. plated up with salted potatoes, garlic toast and some greens.
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

SoDakSmokerGolfer

My first brisket... Never been a big fan of it but my wife is from Texas so I am going to have to learn I guess

Ah the Rubiks cube of meat... A full packer
View attachment 1743

Trimmed ready for rub and then the MAK
View attachment 1744

A few hours on at smoke then bumped to 275
View attachment 1745

After about four hours I cut the point away from the flat and made burnt ends.
View attachment 1746

Deb and I were almost on the same page made some pretzel rolls to go with the burnt ends
View attachment 1747

Ok the burnt ends were out standing... The sliced flat... Aka shoe leather... Not so good so back to the drawing board on that

Thanks for looking

SmokinSteiny

Spatchcock Chicken w/ Baked Potato

Spatchcock Chicken w/ Annie's Garlic EVOO, BPS LL w/ Pepper, and BPS Desert Gold.
PB040042.jpg

Into the MAK they go
PB040043.jpg

I'm loven the integrated meat probes!!!
PB040044.jpg

Almost done.....
PB040045.jpg

Served
PB040046.jpg

MMMMM..... So tender and Juicy!
PB040051.jpg

Thanks for looking!

dc1956

Third Try At Brisket...Sucess.

Picked up a 4 pound piece of flat on sale and thought I would give brisket another try. My previous attempts at this have been shall we say...AWFUL! Tough and dry would have been a compliment for my earlier briskets. For this one I used a basic injection and rub.

DSCF2048.jpg

Injected, rubbed and ready to go on the stoven at 250 with hickory pellets.

DSCF2051.jpg

I had to let it do to 210 degrees before it probed tender. Here it is after resting 30 minutes.

DSCF2052.jpg

All in all it turned out very good. Tender and not dryed out. The front piece is with a quick dredge in the foil juices. The back pieces are with some homemade sauce. Both ways were good.

DSCF2054.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Deb

SoDakSmokerGolfer - do you use lye for your pretzel rolls? can you answer in my pretzel thread in the gallery?

everyone ...... don't be afraid to copy and post your contest cooks in the gallery thread, it gives a chance for people to comment on your cook :)

Tatonka3A2

Great cooks everyone!!!

As always it was a close race and I have been debating for a couple of hours now kept coming back and drooling!!

3rd place - Deb with the Wings & Pretzels... I have been craving hot wings for a couple of weeks and those looked amazing!

2nd place - SmokinSteiny with the Spatchcock Chicken and baked potato...the color on your chicken was perfect and you can never go wrong with a baked potato!!

1st place - wneill20 with the Pulled Pork Pizza... everything about it looked great! You inspired me to give pizza on the grill another go. The pizza was cooked to perfection and you like your pizza like I do - loaded with meat and veggies!!

Thanks everyone for entering and thanks BP for the prizes!

wneill20

WOW, what a surprise. Thanks for judging Tatonka great cooks everyone and as always thanks BP for letting us play. The bad part about winning is now i have to set out next weekend :(

SmokinSteiny

Holy cow I placed!!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!! Congrats to everyone, all the entries looked great!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom