Arroz con Pollo

Deb

I have been meaning to make this for awhile, I have never had it before so I looked at a bunch of recipes and came up with this.....

the players...... some chicken thighs, drums & wings..... bacon ends, chicken stock, FT , red pepper, onion , garlic, tomato sauce, peas, cumin, mexican oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper & some saffron

photo-127.jpg

chopped up the bacon ends and into the MAK griddle (I love this thing) to get crispy and render the fat, gave it a little time and then added the chicken to catch a little smoke
photo-129.jpg

after the bacon crisped up I removed it, added a little oil and chicken went in to brown
9B19F026-B088-4F0F-AEBD-C0A8C6342409-5167-000027DA6CCEA8A5.jpg

chicken came out and the pepper & onions went in, then the garlic
photo-130.jpg

while all that was happening ..... the rest of the ingredients went into the dutch oven, added the pepper/onion/garlic, some rice and topped with the chicken

I was going to finish it off in the MAK but it didn't want to hold temp well (against my better judgement tried some new pellets, fail, shouldn't mess with what works well) so I finished off on the stove......

almost everybody in the pot
C0A4CDAD-8263-4316-A14C-7DBB9F099019-5167-000027DAA68D0F1E.jpg

last 5 minutes added the peas & the bacon bits
photo-131.jpg

photo-132.jpg

Enjoy

Last edited:

MossyMO

I have never heard of the name of this dish before... but wow does it look delicious, nice cooking!
What brand of pellets didn't work well for you?

Deb

I have never heard of the name of this dish before... but wow does it look delicious, nice cooking!
What brand of pellets didn't work well for you?

just chicken & rice :)

Hamer - I guess they did pellet grill pellets for a short time and don't even make them anymore, a local place had them , part of the problem could be that they were 100% cherry, I was too lazy to go out too the garage and they were on the deck..... mistake x 2. will be interesting to see what the firepot looks like

Top Bottom