Tritip and rack of lamb on a BPS drum

scooter

Dinner tonight was tritip but wanted to do a practice run with lamb for next weekends family dinner.

Tritip (Choice 2.21lb): Trimmed, marinated for 20 mins in a vacuum tumbler with Head Country marinade. Wiped off marinade, coated with garlic olive oil, jalapeno season salt and lightly with DSSR. Smoked at 250(ish) with applewood until 135*. Brush with compound butter and rest. Rocket sear 2 mins a side, pull and rest 20 mins

Lamb (American, Superior Farms, 2.05lb): Frenched, marinated in white wine, crushed garlic, olive oil, fresh ground black pepper, chopped fresh rosemary. Wiped off marinade and coated with garlic olive oil, jalapeno season salt and lightly with DSSR. Smoked at 250(ish) with applewood until 145*. Rest. Rocket sear 2 mins a side, pull and rest 20 mins

Sorry, started taking pics after the TT had come off the sear. Picking up the action with the lamb before the sear getting flipped at 109*
IMG_9650.jpg

Searing off the lamb
IMG_9651.jpg

TT is done and rested
IMG_9658.jpg

Lamb is done and resting
IMG_9653.jpg

TT sliced
IMG_9664.jpg

IMG_9675.jpg

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

TT came out fantastic as did the lamb. Both were juicy and tender. Garlic roasted Yukon Gold taters and a tossed salad. The lamb is good to go for next weekend.
IMG_9679.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

scooter

The lamb was garlic, rosemary all over with applewood in the background! The jalapeno season salt provided the perfect saltiness and just a tingle of heat but couldn't taste the jap because the garlic and rosemary were dominating for center stage! The jalapeno season salt is my new favorite rub used in tandem with others as the need calls for it. It plays real well with Double Secret.
BP had seasoned his prime rib at Santa Anita with a combo of the jap season salt and LL. Not sure if it was the one with pepper. The primer was fantastic so right there I got it in my mind to use the jap season salt on just about everything!

TentHunter

scooter said:
The jalapeno season salt is my new favorite rub...

Yes Sir, that new Jallelujah Seasoned Jalapeño Salt is superb on everything I've tried it on so far. It's even good sprinkled on popcorn!

Zephyr

Wow, I could eat all those Lolly Pops! Lookin so incredibly Good! :p :p

................................. ZEP

Top Bottom