Off To Laughlin

Meat Man

Heading out for Laughlin tomorrow, We are excited to be cooking again. Willie my oldest son is going with us, fitting as he went to our first comp and he will be with us for our last of the year. Looks like the weather will be great, and hopefully the barbecue will be too. Oh, and our lucky mascott Mak is coming to.

Willie the reluctant BBQ'r
474e67215e5c85724b2e791005f940f0.jpg

Meat Man

Wanted to say a big congrats to Sterling and Brad for a hard fought RGC at Laughlin today. It was It was so much fun to cook across from you guys this weekend. Thanks for all the laughs and lessons. I don't know about you guys but nothing came easy for us today, and we felt very fortunate with our finish today. Hey, have I got some get photos of you guys in action. I'll post them later, because I'm just too darn tired tonight. Congrats again, and take next weekend off, you deserve a break.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Hey Will thanks for rigging the chicken! ahahahah

Will, Amy, and Willie are the second best to be next to .....their french bulldog MAK is the first.

OH I got a RGC and lost a three way tiebreaker for 7th in brisket...bumped me down to tenth. the tiebreakers keep going against us. The 7th with the bonus multiplier due to team coult would have helped us in the national rankings 10th does nothing for us. The RGC helps and the 2nd in ribs, 6th in pork help though.

Actually had a good cook Almost missed the brisket turn in...never happened before. It was a pretty strong field at the top and we are happy especially coming in middle of the pack in chicken. Will had a great cook...he kicked my butt in chicken and brisket! Both items he gave to to try and give him an honest critique....EVERY time that happens in contests and you give an constructive critique the bbq gods make sure that that person kicks your butt in that category...I even prefaced it with Will.

Keep cookin...Guys Will came in 7th in this field and did the entire cook on one MAK and one WSM.....If he can get it down to just the one MAK he will challenge Harry Soo for the minimalist title!

Big Poppa

Administrator
that was wills bite through chicken that beat me....im still smarting over it....not really competition bbq is just the greatest.....

scooter

lol. floppy chicken skin on the chin! Congrats on the RGC BP!
I think this event means it's time to rest a little bit between now and the next BBQ event?

Top Bottom