Turkey Day Contest!

Big Poppa

Administrator
This will run throught the weekend.

Here it is

Post your pics of your T day spread or leftover binge...or sunday smoke out...

I am giving three prizes away for the four day weekend!

First Prize $25.00 Big Poppa Smokers Gift certificate

Second Prize Big Poppa Hoodie

Third Prize Big Poppa Apron

Maybe we will get more with the increased purse! hahahahaha

Squirt the Cat is the judge!

nepas

Ok i go first.

MAK Turkey
DSC00630.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

Family, friends and vittles
DSC00637.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

SilverBullet

Our " Non Traditional" Thanksgiving

I haven't made any Jerky since before we went on vacation in Sept. Wipped up a batch this am.
GEDC0530.jpg

Love this stuff! Never really cared much for Jerky before I started making my own.:cool:

Then on to the day's main course. A 5lb rib roast.
I pretty much followed the perfect prime rib recpie posted here. Rubbed it with Kosher & Garlic salt & black pepper
Only because of time I cooked it @ 170 until internal of 120 was reached. Then foiled & in a cooler until our guests arrived. Then Back on the preheated GMG Jim Bowie. Seared it for 15 min @ 500 degrees.
it was done "Perfect' for Daughter n Law & I. :) Bride & Son in law had to further murder theirs in the microwave.
Cooked over Cookingpellets.com Perfect Mix.

GEDC0531.jpg

GEDC0532.jpg

Anybody else have a "Non Traditional"Day?

Last edited:

Trooper

HEY NEPAS, GREAT LOOKING FEAST. TURKEY LOOKS AWESOME!
Was it as good as it looked??
Come on, you know I'm a fan. Throw out a few details. Brine? Time/Temp? Pellets?
That's always my goal - Duplicate NEPAS!
Nice looking family too. Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

FLBentRider

FLBentRiders' Thanksgiving bird part 1
In the brine
DSC_0044.jpg

Mounted on the rack
DSC_0045.jpg

Seasoned and baconed
DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

Into the Smoker
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

Buffalo chicken dip
DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Trooper

Hey Fla/Bent,

Love these photo sessions. Spectacular.

Those breasts really sliced up nice. Very inviting.

Also - cute Holiday touch with that last photo as well.

Troop

doodles

I only have this one photo of a little bird (11+#). It was the first time I'd tried to do a whole turkey. The only thing I had to go on was what I read the other folks had done or were doing. Got to say, it was exceptionally good! I let the thigh get up to 200, realizing the breast cooked more slowly. When we ate it, everything was really moist and very flavorful. I brined it first, then injected butter, slathered on the garlic EVOO, and put in some aromatics:

P1000045.jpg

HoDeDo

Crabby Black Friday...

OK, so we originally thought we would do this on Turkey Day.... but we called an audible and drove an hour east to visit Kim's family that we have not seen in a while... it was a blast! BUT... that meant we got to invite a couple friends over for this, tonight:
View attachment 143View attachment 144View attachment 145View attachment 146View attachment 147

I'm horrible about taking pics, esp. when I am in the apron.... but you are looking at Lobster Bisque, Shrimp Risotto, Crab Legs, and what is left of the crab cakes... they were gone before the camera ever came out...

So apologize for the bad pics... but Kim told me I had better document what I could!

squirtthecat

Not part of the contest, but these were so simple and tasty, I'll throw them out there.

Turkey/Gravy/Veggies/Stuffing Cupcakes!

20101126182617.jpg

20101126181200.jpg

20101126182737.jpg

Deb

Nice Squirt! I like that idea..... I'm going to have to cook more turkey to try that.... the last of my leftover turkey is in the traeger right now.....

Deb

this is what I have.... I am going to put the details in the gallery because I want to be able to remember what I did.......

I went the leftover route.....

Turkey Pot Pie w/ herb crust

0d816ab2.jpg

c394a7c9.jpg

herbed pie crust, turkey, green beans, carrots, corn, gravy

photo-21.jpg

photo-17-4.jpg

All my regular pie pans have pie in them so I had to make a monster 12" pie

Top Bottom