GMG auger seems to be jammed??

warpath

is there a way to free auger /tube out.. auger ran once then nada.. grill is brand new (used twice) everything else seems to be functioning properly but auger not running..

thanks
Dave

SilverBullet

Try emptying the hopper & see if it will work. Then add pellets. And if it doesn't work. If you have an air compressor try blowing out the auger with a air nozzle.
The only time mine seemed jammed was when I traveled with it on my trailer & didn't empty the hopper. All the pellets got packed hard together. Luckly all I had to do was empty the hopper.

Lou

Phrett Bender

I had the same thing happen to me, and when I emptied the hopper I found half of a drywall screw in the auger tray. I knew where the other half went! I was lucky, though, because when the half of the screw that went into the auger jammed it up the only thing that broke was the cotter pin connecting the auger to the drive motor. It was fairly simple to remove the hopper and unmount the drive motor. I was able to free the auger and pull it out of the tube, clean things out, and reinstall the auger with a new cotter pin. It took about half an hour. If I remember right the hardware is metric.

HPIM1552.jpg

HPIM1564.jpg

HPIM1566.jpg

HPIM1565.jpg

jimsbarbecue

If you have the scratches in the outside of the auger like shown smooth out as it is the bearing surface that touches the tube. Don't remove the scratches just smooth them over is all that is needed. If water gets in the same happens and the fix is the same.

warpath

Phrett Bender.. pics were exactly what I needed..GMG is sending me a part.. Motor doesn't run so my problem different.. They told me about a place to lube so we are going to try shortly..

In another post I will applaud GMG's customer service in response to an email Thanksgiving Day..

Thanks to all for the advice

seeya
Dave

Top Bottom