Ribs and chicken

Chili Head

Ribs and chicken<br />
<br />
What a nice day in Illinois today!<br />
8ezy8edy.jpg
<br />
We were having some friends over that are interested in getting a smoker so I figured what better to have than ribs and chicken.<br />
<br />
First up the ribs..I trimmed and removed the membrane and gave them a healthy dusting of BPS money rub.<br />
ezapetuq.jpg
<br />
<br />
These were smoked using hickory,cherry and oak pellets. They were cooked on smoke setting for one hour then I set the MAK to 260 for another 1.5 hours. At the 1.5 hour mark I foiled them with some butter and BPS happy ending. They sat in the foil meat side down for another 45 minutes or so. I saved the foil juices in a fat separator and used that to make a sauce. The ribs went back on the MAK for another 30 minutes. Here they are done and getting sliced up. These got covered and put in the warming drawer until time to eat.<br />
e5una3ub.jpg
<br />
<br />
Next up was the chicken. These got spatchcocked and dusted with BPS desert gold.<br />
jyvyje6y.jpg
<br />
ytuzeqe5.jpg
<br />
gatehazy.jpg
<br />
my3edebe.jpg
<br />
<br />
While the chicken cooks at 475 I made a sauce with blues hog BBQ sauce,water,apple cider vinegar and the foil juices from the ribs.<br />
vanyha9u.jpg
<br />
<br />
Chicken getting happy..almost done.<br />
edyru6un.jpg
<br />
<br />
Continued..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chili Head

Everything is done and on time! The timing was perfect. The guests showed up at 5:30 and I was pulling the chicken off at 5:35.<br />
<br />
We made the ribs and chicken and the asparagus salad. The asparagus salad had blanched asparagus,mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and a vinaigrette dressing. The cheesy potatoes were provided by one of the guests. <br />
<br />
Plated we have ribs,chicken,cheesy potatoes,asparagus salad and a garlic knot. A nice wine went well with the meal too.<br />
egatamym.jpg
<br />
anytu4yr.jpg
<br />
uqu4enan.jpg
<br />
udunubym.jpg
<br />
My buddy Larry's plate..he went back for seconds!<br />
typuqaru.jpg
<br />
<br />
I got rave reviews and everyone left with full bellies. After diner I showed them the MAK and how easy it actually is to prepare a meal on one. I should have made some apple dumplings too..that woulda had them getting out their credit cards.<br />
<br />
Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chili Head

Thanks guys! It was fun demonstrating the MAK and showing all the products bps sells. As I was going through the workings of the MAK someone asked me where the tv cameras were lol.

Top Bottom