Big Poppa's Thanksgiving Dinner

Big Poppa

Administrator
P1000869-1.jpg

Ok I have tons of pics but am going to spare you...If anybody happens to want anymore detailed photos of something Ill post

Three turkeys...One in the oven.(my wifes) One Free Range Organic for my daughter in law on the Hasty Bake rotisserie with pecan pellets One beautiful Memphis Pro bird.

Home made cranberry sauce...very straight ahead...but I did add some fresh bluberries in Debs honor.

Mashed Potatoes

String bean bundles with Bacon. My wife made these and they were good...I got nixed on the Tyler Florence casserole that Andy told us about but have the ingredients so maybe tomorrow

biscuits

Now for the fun stuff....I made two stuffings

Stuffing #1
I smoked some seeded and scored Jalapenos on the MAK Onestar. I coated with garlic olive oil and then sprinkled with Smoking Guns Sweethot. Pulled from smoker and reserved.

Took a fresh pineapple and trimmed and cored and sliced into discs and put the Smoking Guns Sweet Hot on each side and carmelized on the MAK 2 Star griddle.
Diced and mixed with the Jalapenos.

Two boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix and added the Jalepeno and Pineapple mix and added three tablespoons of killer Vermont Maple Syrup and one tablespoon of Texas Pepper Jells Pineapple Habanero and baked it on the MAK One star.

Sauteed Chorizo and then added diced sweet onions and red bell peppers salt and pepper

Mixed all of it together and then pour two cans of Chicken Stock and cooked for an hour on the MAK One Star.

SO it was a Smoked Jalapeno Carmelized Pineapple Chorizo Corn Bread Stuffing.

Stuffing #2.
smoked a cup and a half of Cashews.
sauteed Onion, red Bell Pepper, granny smith apple
Browned Duroc Sweet Italian Sausage
cup and a half wild Rice
3/4 cup of dried cranberries
loaf and a half Artisan bread cubed and I little MAK smoked to make a little stale
Mixed together poured two cans of chicken stock and put is along side the Jalapeno cornbread stuffing and let ride for an hour

So I guess it is an italian sausage, cranberry cashew and apple Stuffing.

The cashew were actually a great addition.

Here are some pics
P1000857.jpg

P1000858.jpg

P1000859.jpg

I think this was my best T day dinner ever!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I made a sandwich ..one half with the cornbread jalapeno and the other with the cranberry sausage...I cant decide...May be I need another sandwich!

Top Bottom