King of the Smoker

Meat Man

Well it's getting close, looks like a fantastic venue, and the weather is going to be picture perfect. Hope everything is coming together as planned and everyone arrives safely.

HoDeDo

Sterling's team of folks has everything moving smoothly.
Logistics of getting stuff 1500 miles away.... no problem. Jessie has us covered!
Pit Drop/pickup, equipment logistics.... no problem. Jody is on it!
All the other minutiae that are gonna make it something special.... You know BP is on it!

We're excited to be a part of this event, and what it represents -- which is a win for the teams, a win for the public, and a win for the sponsors. Can't wait til next week!

jimsbarbecue

Cannot agree more. All I will add is it will raise the expectations of what a BBQ tournament should be! One week and counting.

Brandon

I am looking forward to seeing all these great teams go against each other and how it plays out. I took the weekend off for the drive but am somewhat confused at what and when the general public can be there to view the event. My understanding as I read it tonight with my VIP Ticket the first I can be there is for a breakfast at 7:30 Saturday and need to make a reservation for a 20 minute guided tour of the happenings then go back to my room to be readmitted at 1:30 pm for the scheduled talks and show me's of the teams after they are finished cooking till the awards at 5. Was my comprehension of the rules for visitors correct or can I stop and say hi to my buddies competing when I arrive on Friday or Saturday morning? It should be fun and I am looking forward to seeing how everyone does on a level playing field plus a little warm weather will be nice too.

Candy Sue

Cannot agree more. All I will add is it will raise the expectations of what a BBQ tournament should be! One week and counting.

Only two more full days to go until my plane ride. Yippee!

Looks like the resort has an awesome spa -- I'm going to squeeze some time in for that.

Jables

I enjoyed the air museum in Palm Springs. I little disconcerting when one of the vets was telling me how good the 50 calibers work though.😀

Big Poppa

Administrator
Brandon No access on friday night...please if you show up someone will nicely tell you that the men and women are serious...This has been requested by the cooks The event friday is for the cooks only...As a trade off for them doing the show and tell I promised them uninterrupted cooking...so you will have a nice breakfast (that normally costs $30 bucks...high dollar place...then get your tour) sorry but it is really a different contest.

Brandon

Brandon No access on friday night...please if you show up someone will nicely tell you that the men and women are serious...This has been requested by the cooks The event friday is for the cooks only...As a trade off for them doing the show and tell I promised them uninterrupted cooking...so you will have a nice breakfast (that normally costs $30 bucks...high dollar place...then get your tour) sorry but it is really a different contest.
I understand and appreciate the contest you put together. Sadly my Mother in Law passed yesterday, her funeral is Saturday and I won't be attending. I do wish everyone a great cook and a fantastic competition. If anyone wants a VIP Ticket I will give you mine as long as you donate something to the Casey Ball Foundation for Pediatric Kidney Research. call (928) 606-2nine2nine

Candy Sue

Sorry for your loss, Brandon.

Due to a TSA people-jam and American Airline rules (gate locked 10 minutes before departure time), I missed my plane and won't make it either. Wasn't meant to be.

Top Bottom