Oh RBaggett????!!! Where is the final report

Big Poppa

Administrator
You cooked about a dozen turkeys in preparation of Tday...How did they come out? How was the Wonder Brine?

rbaggett

The brined turkeys for Thanksgiving were good, but I did an experiment the next day. 2 turkeys in the Big Easy without brining. One for the next door neighbor and one for us. The latter were as good or better than the brined ones. I think I'm done with brining. Did a total of 8 turkeys in a week

TentHunter

Robin I really enjoyed following your posts with all the turkey testing. You probably saved us all some money, He he ;).

Big Poppa

Administrator
I have come to the conclusion that It is not possible to make Turkey any more tender than stealing Chris Lilly's Loaf Ban Chicken Concept. A 14 pounder fits perfectly into a half aluminum pan.....The bottom skin is soft and white but the turkey almost braises in its own juices.

TentHunter

Well I just happen know a great website where I can get the book for $24.95 and its autographed to boot!

Tell Jaffrey to be looking for my order!

Big Poppa

Administrator
HAHAAH Buy a smoker and we give you one free! (just kidding no pressure...but we do send you a copy as a thanks)

TentHunter

He he... Maybe I will hold off on the book then!

The wife has been seriously looking and has decided she also wants to get a pellet smoker. She's impressed with some of the stuff she's been seeing here! I wanted to get one by Christmas, but she confessed she already bought me a new Weber performer series grill for Christmas (She knows I love my Weber).

She gets her bonus in February and wants to get a pellet smoker then! I think its for her more than for me; she likes the idea and convenience of turn it on like and oven and cook outside.

ACW3

TH,
Does that mean you will be smoking sausages in the February/March timeframe? My first attempt at elk and Russian boar summer sausage came out really great. I was concerned that it would be a little dry the way it looked when I vacuumed packaged it. However, after a week of refrigeration and then unwrapping and slicing, it was perfect. I'll be trying other flavors soon.

Art

Top Bottom