First Brisket - SmokyOkie Style

MossyMO

Here's a blast from the past! Was just digging through old pictures and thought I would share... this is the first brisket I ever smoked; seared on a Char-Broil 22.5" kettle and smoked on the Char-Griller Smokin' Pro w/side firebox on September 27th, 2007. I can't believe it was only 5 1/2 years ago... feels like 10 to 12 years ago!

13.25 lb brisket and used Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and heavily peppered, smoked with hickory and mesquite. I recall searing and my wife being upset that I had just wrecked an expensive cut of meat!

-----

-----

-----

-----

-----

-----

-----

Thanks for looking and letting me reminisce!

TentHunter

Now that is an interesting technique. T-Rex seared then smoked. How was the crust? I don't have to ask about the meat. Just look at that meat almost falling apart tender.

You would have to tease me with a pic from the point end (my favorite end of the brisket).

MossyMO

Now that is an interesting technique. T-Rex seared then smoked. How was the crust? I don't have to ask about the meat. Just look at that meat almost falling apart tender.

You would have to tease me with a pic from the point end (my favorite end of the brisket).

It was delicious! The next day I smoked ribs & beans and used brisket and the char (crust) to add in with the bean concoction...
Just a different style smoking than the customary comp style brisket; besides getting to play with flames the other thing I like about this style brisket smoke is panning the brisket the entire smoke and getting to save those delicious juices!

Top Bottom