Canadian Bacon......MAKstyle

KyNola

2 1/4 pound pork loin been curing for 6 days. Time to smoke it!
All tied up to get that nice round shape.
Smokerpics026-1.jpg

It's in the MAK getting hypnotized with hickory smoke to an IT of 145. Finished pics coming soon so stay tuned!

TentHunter

Ooh..... I'll be watching and waiting for this to be done and more pics posted...

Is it done yet?

KyNola

Deb,
I used Habs's original recipe.

Habs is Habanero Smoker on the Bradley Smoker Forum. I am including a link to the recipe on the Bradley Smoker recipe website.
Canadian Bacon

It is incredibly easy. Should be coming out of the MAK soon.

Deb

That's an awesome recipe. I haven't done any for awhile. That was the first thing I ever cured :)

KyNola

And it's out! Will have to wait until at least tomorrow to see the sliced photo as it needs at least a day to let the smoke say hello to the entire piece of loin. Here is a photo of the finished product.
Smokerpics-3.jpg

I guarantee the inside will be a very pretty pink color.

KyNola

And sliced!
Two photos of the sliced product.
Smokerpics032.jpg

Smokerpics033.jpg

Hand sliced with the 14 inch blade Graton by Forschner. In the time it would have taken me to get my big electric slicer out, slice the CB and then clean the slicer and put it away, I was able to slice it with the Graton. That knife is a great knife to have in your kitchen.

KyNola

Thank you all. Gotta another bacon in mind when the time will allow. Stay tuned to the MAK Bacon Channel! :)

Top Bottom