Holiday Gifts Packs - Sausage, Cheese Spread & Nuts

TentHunter

It's time to start putting together the sausage & cheese packs we like to give as Christmas gifts.

I got started Sunday evening with the sausage: 15 lbs each - Summer Sausage & Peperoni.

Summer sausage seasoning mix. I prefer making my own seasoning mixes.
HOL1201.JPG

Mixed with 15 lbs of 73/27 ground beef. In the fridge for 3 days.
HOL1203.JPG

Peperoni seasoning mix. The whole house smelled like Fennel after course grinding the seed. :D
HOL1202.JPG

Mixed with 15 lbs of a Ground Pork/Beef mix (8 lbs pork + 7 lbs beef). Also in the fridge for the 3 days.
HOL1204.JPG

These will get mixed at least once during the three day curing & fermenting process.

Will post more as it develops. Stay tuned. :)

TentHunter

Kite, if you make the drive here, I'll gladly give you a gift box, and a place to stay overnight, and another gift box in the morning! ;)

These gift boxes are really quite economical for gifts, especially when you consider how they're normally priced.

Ironically today while the wife & I were at Kmart I spied small gift boxes for sale by Johnsonville. They had 2 small 1/4 lb summer sausages and a pack of crackers...

...and they were selling for $12.99! YIKES!
EEK.gif

Last edited:

Kite

Kite, if you make the drive here, I'll gladly give you a gift box, and a place to stay overnight, and another gift box in the morning! ;)

These gift boxes are really quite economical for gifts, especially when you consider how they're normally priced.

Ironically today while the wife & I were at Kmart I spied small gift boxes for sale by Johnsonville. They had 2 small 1/4 lb summer sausages and a pack of crackers...

...and they were selling for $12.99! YIKES!
EEKsm.JPG

If it was August and I could ride the scooter - I would be there!

Seriously, just a fantastic idea!!! Too late for this year, but I will be ripping this one off for next year.

TentHunter

While going through & organizing my Picasa account, I realized I never posted the final pic of the Holiday Gift Packs.

We were quite happy with how they turned out, and folks seemed happy to get them as gifts.
GIFTBOX1.JPG

We estimated the final cost was around $8.75 per box. A bargain really when you think about it! :)

lovesmoke

It is very excellent thing. But I think gift not only for Christmas day. Gift can be given in any day. And I also think it is suitable for every holiday.

Top Bottom