Big Poppa's Sriracha Tritip Sandwich with homemade Cream of Tomato soup

scooter

Big Poppa made a tritip sandwich video and that sandwich looked so good I had to make it. There are about 3 new videos BP made showcasing tritip which gives an indication of how important tritip is Californians! In one of the tritip videos BP used Sriracha sauce (Vietnamese Garlic Hot Sauce) as a glue/coating for the rub to stick to. Never tried that before! Sounds really hot....it wasn't, just really tasty.

So tonight is cold and what goes better with a sandwich on a cold night than a nice hot cup of homemade Cream of Tomato soup??? Here's how it went!

Any tritip sandwich starts with seasoning a tritip. I vacu-tumbled the TT with Head Country Premium marinade for 20 mins.
Then wiped off the marinade and applied a coating of Sriracha sauce then coated with BP's DSSR and Butchers Steak & Brisket rub.
IMG_0081.jpg

Next let's get the seasoned sourdough croutons going in the MAK so I'll have something to float in the soup. Seasoned with garlic olive oil. Mine were also dusted with Desert Gold.
IMG_0080.jpg

Now lets get the tritip going on the drum but first add some 100% Red Oak pellets to the drum pellet holder/heat diffuser (Thanks Jim!) to smolder so it adds that true Santa Maria flavor to the tritip.
IMG_0073.jpg

Throw the tritip onto the drum
IMG_0083.jpg

Croutons are done!
IMG_0084.jpg

The tritip is done at 140IT, let it rest 20 mins. Gorgeous color!
IMG_0105.jpg

Sliced! Lookin real gooooood!
IMG_0111.jpg

Now assemble the sandwich. Toast the sourdough bread slices, slather on some horseradish mayo, then add red onion sliced thin, sliced tomatoes, sliced tritip and top with aged Vermont sharp cheddar cheese. Add Dijon mustard or Guldens Spicy brown mustard to the top slice of sourdough toast.
IMG_0115.jpg

Now put it under a broiler to melt the cheese!!!! BP's a genious!
IMG_0117.jpg

Plated! With homemade Cream of Tomato soup topped with shredded Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheeses and the sourdough Desert Gold croutons...
On a cold night, absolutely heaven on a plate!

IMG_0120.jpg

Last edited:

TentHunter

Scott, I love what you did with the sammies. Broiling the cheese & toasting the bread just takes it to the next level.

MossyMO

Outstanding cook, perfect in fact!
I am really interested in hearing more on the the drum pellet holder/heat diffuser; that picture was intriguing?

Top Bottom