MAK Parking

squirtthecat

After a busy weekend, torrential rains, temps plunging into the 20s, and Thanksgiving, I finally got time today to wrestle the 1 Star up into his parking spot on my 'grill patio'.

First, I thought I would get cute and pimp out the MAK with some big blingy wheels.

20101127121731.jpg

Should have measured the threads first. Oh well, back to the store they go.

After rolling it up into position, I'm glad they didn't fit. The 4-wheel casters caused the MAK to 'dance' around a bit on the pavers, so I opted to remove them, and put it straight on some small bricks. (non skid pads under each corner to protect the powder coat)

20101127144536.jpg

It looks like it is smashed up against a wood fence, but there is a good 6" of clearance, and plenty of breathing room for the smoke/moisture to vent.

20101127131151.jpg

If I have any issues with the heat/smoke getting to the fence (not that it looks great to begin with), I'll bolt a sheet of stainless steel to it to deflect some of the heat.

Now, some new toys for it!

Side shelf w/ tool holder.

20101127135836.jpg

The latter came in handy as I tore down the grill to clean up some ash/mud/etc.

20101127135900.jpg

Frogmat. This one is cut for the 2 Star, so I had to trim a bit here and there. (basically, count in 4 'squares' and make 1 cut along the right side, and 1 cut along the bottom)

20101127143959.jpg

I fired it up, put some frozen meatballs on, pulled up a lawn chair, and did some auger timer testing for MAK Daddy.. Not very exciting, nor picture worthy, but we did get some good data from it. :cool:

KyNola

Liking the looks of that tool holder on the end of the side shelf!

"we did get some good data from it". Like you always tell me Pat, if you can't open it you don't own it. :)

TentHunter

No, no, no Squirt its much too close to the wood fence...

What you should do is move it, oh say about 500 miles due east and park it in a nice spot in my back yard. ;)

Hey, I'll even let you plug it into my electricity so you don't have to run a drop cord all that way! :p

Seriously, I love what you've done and shown with that grill!

Last edited:
Top Bottom