MAK Smoked Crown Roast of Pork in a Maple Sweet Money Glaze

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok down the stretch this year there are a lot of teams that were using Big Poppa's Money rub cut with Brown Sugar....Big wins like the jack and a ton of category firsts....Its coming packaged but with a honey bonded sugar..but in the meantime here is the secret recipe....2/3 money and 1/3 golden brown sugar....ribs and butts have never tasted better

I got a very nice gift from the best butcher I know....Will (Meat Man here) and his fabulous wife Amy They own Snider Brothers Meat in Salt Lake City...they are the best. Seriously I buy everything but my wagyu from them for Big Poppa Smokers Competition team....A Crown Roast of Pork. The plan was Christmas eve but our kids had other plans and we all went out. Not to worry..Christmas Breakfast.
Set MAK to smoke
IMG_0620-2.jpg

Here is the Money rub
IMG_0622-2.jpg

blended
IMG_0623-3.jpg

Coat generously
IMG_0624-1.jpg

Onto the MAK let smoke for an hour and then bump the temp
IMG_0625-2.jpg

Now make your glaze.... In a medium saucepan one jar of maple syrup (the real deal if you can..log cabin is almost maple syrup) 1/4 cup brown sugar, two tablespoons of honey and the remaining sweet money mix about 3 tablespoons.....right when you are about to pull from the stove add about a teaspoon of BP's Jalalujah Jalpeno seasoning salt....perfect bump of heat at the end of the flavor train
start basting at two hours or around 125 internal.....every twenty minutes until the oast hits 140 pull rest
IMG_1778-2.jpg

slice
IMG_0628-2.jpg

Here it is Little Louies Waffle, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, and Bps Crown roast of pork!\
IMG_0629.jpg

Thanks so much Will and Amy!

MossyMO

That is just a beautiful cook... I saw this posted on Facebook and have been in awe ever since, nice work BP!

Kite

Looks like a breakfast I would love to eat! But I think someone has been sippin' on your OJ, or you just got shorted..

Big Poppa

Administrator
off my trees..... just a little splash to get going....

This was really a fabulous cook....lets see if I get more than 5 comments...you guys have become very hard to please!

SoDakSmokerGolfer

BP it looks just mouth watering... I am sure it is a guilt-full paradise of food in your house around the holidays. I am picking up a few pounds just looking at the pics

Jonathan

Looks super duper yummy!! Have to disagree with one thing though, Log Cabin is about as close to the real deal as Country Crock is close to butter!

scooter

Wow! Beautifully executed! What the heck did you need sausage for with that gorgeous hunk a meat on the plate!! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

Meat Man

Thanks for the kind words. Looks like you've been taking waffle lessons from Tracy, looks great. Who woulda thunk it, pork crown roast for breakfast. Man with that rub blend and the syrup, now I gotta try it. BTW I like the gift suggestions you gave to Rachael. Just what every BBQ man needs, cotton gloves and latex gloves. Makes me laugh.

jimsbarbecue

That is not breakfast. That's enough for a whole day. I would eat the pork first and if still hungry work on the rest. We met Meat Man and his lovely wife at "King of the Smokers" and a pleasure it was.

TentHunter

Whoa Nelly; I am not sure how I ever missed this post, but I just stumbled across it looking for something else.

Fabulous cook! Since I love the combo of spice & Maple, I absolutely love your glaze on this. The color is phenomenal.

You definitely hit this one out of the park.

BBQ Bill

The only problem I see with that is, it's midnight here, 27 degrees outside and you suddently give me the urge to go smoke something. Looks fantastic, yet another dish I'll have to give a try. Well done.

ACW3

BP,
That crown roast is a thing of beauty!! I will be giving your rub recipe a try. Sounds great. I can almost taste it now.

Art

Top Bottom