Wild Wild West III BBQ Championship, Lake Elsinore CA 12/31/12 & 1/1/13

scooter

The last of 2012 and the first of 2013 competition was 3rd annual Wild Wild West held at La Laguna Resort in Lake Elsinore CA. I was lucky enough again to get the opportunity to judge in Southern CA at this double competition on a lake. It was another beautiful venue with the lake and mountains as the backdrop for the contest.
Two PelletSmoking.com members, firehouse_bbq and Big Brother Smoke, were among the 25 teams competing. Matt Dalton probably would have attended but a couple weeks before at the Vista comp Matt clinched his CA Team of the Year title with a GC so he gave himself, and his team, a well deserved off.
Here are some pics I took

Lake Elsinore
IMG_0283_zps101e9980.jpg

firehouse_bbq (Pete) borrowed wniell20's BPS drum
IMG_0292_zpsf3278fc6.jpg

Big Brother Smoke (Steph, Simply Marvelous BBQ). Steph took GC on day 2 with another record high score for CA BBQ, 693 and change. Steph set the previous high score of 690 a couple months before at Santa Anita. Steph's on fire right now!
IMG_0321_zps268756c0.jpg

IMG_0299_zpsda3f1c79.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
Im glad I didnt go....I am afraid of Steph! Ahahahahaha Could not be happier for Steph and simply marvelous...does anybody notice how BPS rubs and simply marvelous are sort of making a big assed move on the comp circuit? Not just in california...nationally!

scooter

You have the best visibility into that since you know "who" is buying it and you need to keep that info secured. I only know BPS and Pigskin, and of course Steph, are using BPS and SM rubs in competition so the success rate is more widespread than most of us know of.
I gotta think that after the results of 2012 season the distribution of BPS and Simply Marvelous rubs will take off like a rocket if it hasn't already happened!! Steph broke the record twice in the last 2 months for high score in CA. Even higher than the winner of KoS! That has to be turning some heads along with the BPS rub wins at the Royal and the Jack!

Last edited:
Top Bottom