Sam's Club National BBQ Tour...

Kite

I hate to be so dense, but what is the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour? And when is it in Renton?

Meat Man

Here's a link, it's a big money contest which has three legs. Two qualifiers and a championship held at their corporate headquarters.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...qtJU0KcIIhIG8E4A59HbQ&bvm=bv.1357700187,d.aWM

That is great JD Renton filled up really fast, that's awesome. A pretty quick turn around for you guys up north, being that the regional is the next week in Vegas. Amy and I will be in SLC, typically we drive ten hours to compete in a KCBS event. This one is 15 mins from our front door. Hopefully we both advance to Vegas. Good cooking.

Last edited:

Kite

Thanks Meat Man. Another dense question - is this a spectator event? Is there really anything to watch, do you have to buy tickets to get in or just walk up? I guess I am asking if there is any reason for a noncontestant to drive to Renton in April.

Meat Man

I'm not sure I think they put on cooking demos, If your into BBQ there will be plenty of guys from the Washington area that you might want to hook up with JD being one of them. The PNWBA does some neat charity cooks that you might want to help out with. They are a lot of fun and serve a good cause.

JD McGee

Im in tucson.....hoping to avoid JD and his MAK brisket!

Lol...MAK "Money" vs Jambo "Money"...

Thanks Meat Man. Another dense question - is this a spectator event? Is there really anything to watch, do you have to buy tickets to get in or just walk up? I guess I am asking if there is any reason for a noncontestant to drive to Renton in April.

Kite...stop on by after our turn-ins on the 13th...we'll feed ya till ya pop!
JD

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Meat Man

Hey JD is Moe cooking with you guys? I didn't see him on the list for Renton.

I wish ours would fill up here in SLC. I wonder if many teams will travel west since everything is filling up?

JD McGee

Hey JD is Moe cooking with you guys? I didn't see him on the list for Renton.

I wish ours would fill up here in SLC. I wonder if many teams will travel west since everything is filling up?

No...he is cooking yours...lol! Closer to home I guess...:cool:

dnew

Plan on stopping by Renton and introducing myself to the various teams after turn-in. Recently joined PNWBA and hopefully can judge some this season.

JD McGee

Plan on stopping by Renton and introducing myself to the various teams after turn-in. Recently joined PNWBA and hopefully can judge some this season.

Hope you'll stop by our camp and say hello...:cool:

JD McGee

We qualified for the regional in Vegas next weekend! :eek: 1st brisket, 3rd ribs, 6th chicken, and we won't talk about our pork (20th)...3rd overall! :cool: Big thanks to BPS...his Sweet Money and Happy Ending rubs came shining through! Also to Big Matt for his help getting us dialed in on our MAKs...couldn't have done it without you! See ya in Vegas!
JD

Top Bottom