My first Brisket on my Rec Tec

BBQ Bill

I have family coming in a few weeks & the request for Brisket has been put in. I've made 16 ponders on my Traeger Jr and they came out fantastic. Just to be safe though, I decided to cook a little 5.5 lb brisket on my new REc Tec tonight. You know, just to be safe (that's what I'm going with);) I put it in at 7:00pm tonight, it's now 10:00 pm and just short of hitting the stall. To stepped things up just a little, i'm cooking it at 275 vs the 225 I usually cook a brisket at. Personally, I don't wrap mine in foil but I'd like to hear what you guys thing & why. I just let it cook through the stall. Anyway, here's a picture when I put it in and another at 145 degrees.
405323051.jpg

405323295.jpg

Here's a shot of my Redi check after about an hour, the RT is dialed in perfectly.
405323300.jpg

BBQ Bill

View attachment 1931Man is this thing tasty & what a smoke ring. Even though I finished it at 2:00 am & had to put it in the fridge, it still came out excellent. Now I know I made a good investment.

Last edited:

BBQ Bill

By days end it was gone, got a little work done though. Tonight I'm trying a little tilapia. Tomorrow I'll be working on a wine cellar, lots of little pieces to cut & rout so no cooking time.

Top Bottom