Too c-c-c-cold for the contest

I wanted to make something to enter the contest, but it was cold even by our standards in Minnesota. I had to work fast so it was not as complete a cook to be contest worthy,
IMG_0712.png

My better half wanted chicken wings for the football game, but not too spicy. I decided to try a lemom pepper wing, ( I did a few buffalo style for me ). I marinaded the wings in lemon juice, a little EVOO,and lemon pepper. Wrapped some green beans in bacon with a little Memphis Steak House Seasoning. and fired up the Pro.
IMG_0704.jpg

I smoked the wings for 30 min at 225 deg. and then turned the grill up to 385 to cook the green beans and finish the wings. The grill did a great job getting up to and holding temp., but OMG does it lose heat fast when you open the hood, at -14 deg with a 20-25 mph wind. It recovers quickly but you do have to work fast.
IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

It all turned out nicely. I like the lemon pepper wings, but I put honey on them to sweeten them up a little and I couldn't really taste it. Do you have to put the honey on later so it doesn't drip off? It was a great low carb meal. I save my carbs for beer.
IMG_0705.jpg

HTS

Big Poppa

Administrator
Greg you were heroic I would send you a screen shot of my weather but I would lose all progress we have gained! ahahahahan 81 today

TentHunter

Not contest worthy? Are you kidding? Everything looks fantastic!

BTW - Bacon wrapped green beans are now on my "must try" list!

Yes Pappymn like dry ice...
Tent,
If you can find fresh, french cut green beans they are much easier to bundle. I almost lost a finger tip trying to julienne the regular green beans. I want to try and incorporate some blue cheede into them also.

Top Bottom