Just burgers and fries.

Chili Head

Howdy ya'll!
It's been a month or so since I posted anything. I've been cooking the usual stuff but tonight I took the time to take pictures.
Since I never got out of my flannel jammies yesterday I figured today I would fight the low temps and cook something on the MAK. I've been on a burger quest lately so here goes..
Tonight it was a simple burger and fries night. I cooked some chicken breasts too to use later. One breast got some chili EVOO and a good dusting of soileaus..this will be for tomorrow's lunch at work.

3uha7anu.jpg

uzaja3y8.jpg

The rest of the breasts were au naturale..these will be used for gumbo and some chicken salad later in the week. I'm trying to keep the salt intake low so I didn't season them. The seasoning I'm using later will take care of that.
5u4ave7y.jpg

Time to prep some burgers. Made some patties and dusted them with big poppa smokers double secret steak rub.
ysagyhap.jpg

Got some veggies ready for the burgers and cut some hunks of cheese off the block.
re2y5ame.jpg

With the low temps the MAK was struggling to reach 400.. I placed a welding blanket over the top and the temps easily hit 450 with outside temps at 25 and dropping.
u4yvyveg.jpg

Time to flip the chicken and put the burgers on. I cooked the fries in the house oven tonight.
nu8avuny.jpg

aty9uneb.jpg

I made a burger dressing out of miracle whip and vicious mango hot sauce. A little tangy sweet heat for my burger!
ygy7a9e2.jpg

8yqy9ezy.jpg

Continued..

Chili Head

In my experience the best juiciest burgers come from only flipping them once! Any more than that they will dry out on ya.
The chicken is done and the burgers got a flip.
mydu3umy.jpg

The chicken is done and the burgers get some cheese.
a9urypej.jpg

uguda2a4.jpg

I like toasted buns with my burgers. Tonight I took some Annie's dipping oil and brushed the buns before toasting for that lil extra flavor boost.
buvususu.jpg

Note to self..don't breath out in frigid temps while taking a picture..
avu8ejej.jpg

Burgers are done!
6aqupu3a.jpg

Lets plate it up..

A cheesy burger with tomatoes,onion,jalapeños and mango sauce on a toasted bun! With fries on the side!
The other burger had mustard..no catsup on my burgers..that stuff goes on the fries!

6uja6ezu.jpg

epa8anep.jpg

zamame2e.jpg

I really need to get to posting more often. The wife is missing the cooking and posting too.
The wheels have been turning and I have some ideas I want to try..I need to get a craka lak'n and just do it!

Thanks for looking!

scooter

Jalapenos in Illinois?? Who'd a figured them peppers would make it that far north! :)
Very good to see you posting cooks again Chili! Nice burgers! I like the twist with the mango mayo!

Kite

"Just" and "burgers and fries" do NOT belong in the same sentence.. especially the way you just did it. One of my favorite meals - nice cook Chili!!

Top Bottom