Grilled walleye and bacon wrapped green beans with grilled mango

Chili Head

Grilled walleye with bacon wrapped green beans.
sabehega.jpg

Here we go!

I seasoned the fish a few different ways today. Some got a soileaus dusting, some got big poppa smokers desert gold and some got an old bay,parmasean,butter,garlic and mayo seasoning.
apuru4as.jpg

The mayo seasoning started like this.
A good tablespoon mayo, one garlic clove minced,a half tablespoon of old bay and a teaspoon of soft butter.
vu3ugy9e.jpg

Mix it well then add some parmesean cheese.
atyqe3u5.jpg

my9yvy5a.jpg

I wrapped eight green beans in a half strip of bacon and seasoned them with desert gold.
8y7ureje.jpg

The weather here in Illinois is sucking bad today..rain turning to sleet then snow tonight so I moved the MAK into the porch.
eja4eqy6.jpg

While the beans are cooking I got the fish ready to go on.
I didn't have bread crumbs so I made some out of salad croutons.
The breadcrumbs went over the mayo parm seasoning.
u2unu3a5.jpg

qabemare.jpg

2y3yrypy.jpg

Continued..

Chili Head

The green beans are done now its time for the fish.
arypyze5.jpg

I cut some mango to grill as well. These got a treatment of brown sugar before they went on.
I really really love grilled fruit!
ega2ybuv.jpg

ega3u8uz.jpg

Aight now! Everything is done lets plate er up!
Here's the wife's plate. She has some fish, green beans and some mango.
uvy9u6u3.jpg

My plate got the mayo seasoned fish with bread crumbs, some soileaus seasoned fish and some desert gold seasoned fish. All three were fantastic! I love grilled fish even better than fried now. The green beans were excellent! This is the first time I made them this way and they didn't disappoint. I think next time ill wrap six beans instead of eight so they cook more evenly.
qy8epupy.jpg

davynesy.jpg

6anedeta.jpg

I'll wrap it up now I gotta get ready for work..thanks for looking!

TentHunter

I love Walleye, and that look fantastic.

This is the second time recently I've seen bacon wrapped green beans. They are definitely on my "Must Try" list now! That grilled mango looks pretty dang tempting too.

I love the whole meal chili!

scooter

Nice job Chili! I especially liked the Walleye 3 ways approach. Excellent variety of items on the plate that all seem to go well with each other. Great looking meal!

Chili Head

Yeah I did kite. I go to the boundary waters in Minnesota (Minnesota and Canada) every year for a week. No cell signals..no power..no indoor potty lol. Gotta take everything with you.
Nature at its finest!

Kite

A man after my own heart! We go up to a place on Orcas Island every once in a while - not quite as rugged as you are talking about (they have power and indoor potty), but no cell, no phones, no TV.. just very quite in a small old rustic log cabin right on the beach. It's the best in the winter because it has a nice fireplace and all the wood you can burn.

Chili Head

Sounds awesome!
At night we'll sit by the lake and star gaze drinking a cold beer pulled from the waters edge. You can see stars from horizon to horizon.
Every now and then you can watch satellites fly by..pretty cool. Wake up to the sounds of loons..makes me smile every time.

Top Bottom