Breakfast, the BEST meal of the DAY!

Kite

Okay, this is a very old recipe in my family. I have never heard of it / seen it anywhere else, but my family has been making this since I was a kid (just a couple of years ago). This will be my first try on the grill and I am thinking it is going to be awesome! We call it “Egg Bake” and it goes like this:

The participants…

8 – 10 eggs
3 cans cream chicken soup
¾ soup can milk
2/3 lb Monterey jack cheese
1 table mustard
½ onion chopped

DSC03768_zps77134ba9.jpg

Mix the soup, milk, mustard, and onion in a sauce pan. Cube the cheese and send it in for a swim. Bring the mixture to a simmer to melt the cheese and get everything creamy

DSC03770_zps487d060b.jpg

Pour half of the mixture in the bottom of a baking dish

DSC03772_zps24022065.jpg

Add the eggs regularly spaced..

DSC03775_zps478b77eb.jpg

Pour the rest of the mixture in around the eggs

DSC03777_zps4f3d0b3f.jpg

Onto the Memphis at 290 for about 80 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked

DSC03779_zps9d738ff2.jpg

DSC03780_zpsc4e27b96.jpg

Toast an English muffin and lay on a plate open face – one egg per ½ muffin and plenty of souce

DSC03782_zps2fb116b7.jpg

And here is the money shot…

DSC03784_zps6603334a.jpg

Mrs. Kite and I were starving!! Don’t tell anyone, but she and I finished the whole pan by ourselves!

I have made this dish way more times than I can count – I generally make it when I have overnight company. It is ALWAYS a major hit!!!

TentHunter

Ooh, ooh... I just got an idea for a twist on this that I plan to try, maybe this weekend. An no, I'm not telling (yet)! ;)

BBQ Bill

This is definitely going on my to do list. Looks fantastic. Does the yoke stay runny? That would really mix up deliciously.

Kite

No, the yoke ends up firm (at least when I do it anyway). I am thinking if you pulled it before the yoke was firm the white would also be runny. Anyway, I smash the yoke up and mix it in with the sauce and it is killer! IMHO, the sauce is the real winner of this dish. But it only works as a whole dish - I have tried to make the sauce without the eggs and it is just not right.. bummer because I could eat that sauce everyday!!

Top Bottom