Smokin some Cheese

RickB

Ready for the smoker. Nice cool temps today around 50

In the Mak with the tube smoker in the warming drawer. Trust me it works.

IMG_1774_zps65daa700.jpg

6.5 hours later

IMG_1778_zps59318aed.jpg

Packed and into the fridge for a long rest.

IMG_1780_zps789f5150.jpg

Anticipation.......

CDN Smoker

Q; does BP sell the tube smoker also? Might as well spend all my money at once so the wife don't see it, lol

RickB

Q; does BP sell the tube smoker also? Might as well spend all my money at once so the wife don't see it, lol

Yes he does. Thats where I got mine. Would suggest you get the large one.if you have a 2 star it fits perfect.

Last edited:

CDN Smoker

Question; does the smoke flavor permeate thru the vacuum pack plastic? Just don’t want it getting into all the other items in the fridge.

Thanks

scooter

I've never felt resting cheese after smoking to be necessary especially with cheddar. I eat it warm right from the smoker and I've not found sitting in the fridge improved upon it. Odd.

RickB

I've never felt resting cheese after smoking to be necessary especially with cheddar. I eat it warm right from the smoker and I've not found sitting in the fridge improved upon it. Odd.

I guess it really depends on taste. Some like a strong bold smoke taste. I find freshly smoked cheese to be a bit on the harsh side. Depending on the wood even a little bitter. I think resting the cheese really mellows the flavor which is what I look for. Dammit Scoot now I have to go break into some of that cheese. Made some chicken nacho meat last night. Some chicken nachos with smoked cheddar and smoked pepper jack might just hit the spot. Oh we'll I can always vac pack them back up. This is all your fault Scooter! ;)

RickB

This was not my fault. I had no intention of trying these cheeses yet. I'm blaming weak resolve!

Chicken Nachos with Smoked Extra Sharp Chedder and Smoked Pepper Jack. A special shout out to BP as the nacho meat was made with his bacon jalapeno rub.

IMG_1811_zpsaf8dc54b.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom