Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

RickB

My fish monger called yesterday and said he had just got in some fantastic Trigger Fish.
Guess what's for dinner tonight! You west coast guys probably don't know about trigger fish but the east coast guys do. It's really good!

IMG_1794_zps4ffd3e59.jpg

Will finish this up later.

Ok it's later. Found some hydroponicley grown bibb lettuce for a salad, added some aged blue chesse to the blue cheese dressing. A baked spud and this fish ROCKS! Firm but flakey and great flavor. One of my favorites.

IMG_1807_zpscd129f19.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Kite

I had an aquarium full of trigger fish for years - MEAN little buggers! The clown trigger was about a foot long and the meanest of the bunch. My wife had to keep him back with a scrub brush while I worked in the tank or he would make me bleed every time. True story - I was moving the aquarium one time and had the fish temporarily housed in large plastic trash cans. I was netting them out to put them back in the tank. I was going after the niger (all black) bent over the trash can when he decided to come after me. He jumped a good 2 feet out of the water, bit the end of my nose (yes, now bleeding) and ended up on the floor. As I said.. MEAN little buggers!

Ducaticraig

Kite, great story. I also had a couple triggers and never wanted to clean the tank in fear the clown trigger would come after my hand/arm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom