Pheasant Marsala

I have not been able to check out the site lately. I've got a little bit of a vision issue. Things are coming around, and I just couldn't let people cook for me anymore.
I have been thinking about a local Italian place and their chicken marsala, so I decided to try and recreate it using up the last of my pheasant breasts.
I cut up three breasts into chunks and let them sit for about an hour in marsala wine , garlic,salt and pepper. Cut up some musrooms, seasoned with Memphis steak house seasoning and put booth on the Pro to smoke at 180 deg for 30 min. I also put on green beans with a little evoo salt, pepper ans blue cheese.
009_zps307b4853.jpg

Then I made up the marsala sauce on the stove top. I used marsala wine dry cooking sherry and a little butter and heavy cream. Reduced it down and put the sauce, pheasant and mushrooms in a cast iron roasting pan and put back on the grill at 350 to finish.
010_zpsf31c69b6.jpg

I also had made up garlic mashed potatoes that I served with the pheasant and green beans. It turned out pretty well except for one thing. My nice thick marsala sauce got watery in the roasting pan. Don't know why this happened... any ideas? Remember the pictures were taken by a visually challenged person.
011_zps7929c341.jpg

HTS

RickB

I have not been able to check out the site lately. I've got a little bit of a vision issue. Things are coming around, and I just couldn't let people cook for me anymore.
I have been thinking about a local Italian place and their chicken marsala, so I decided to try and recreate it using up the last of my pheasant breasts.
I cut up three breasts into chunks and let them sit for about an hour in marsala wine , garlic,salt and pepper. Cut up some musrooms, seasoned with Memphis steak house seasoning and put booth on the Pro to smoke at 180 deg for 30 min. I also put on green beans with a little evoo salt, pepper ans blue cheese.
009_zps307b4853.jpg

Then I made up the marsala sauce on the stove top. I used marsala wine dry cooking sherry and a little butter and heavy cream. Reduced it down and put the sauce, pheasant and mushrooms in a cast iron roasting pan and put back on the grill at 350 to finish.
010_zpsf31c69b6.jpg

I also had made up garlic mashed potatoes that I served with the pheasant and green beans. It turned out pretty well except for one thing. My nice thick marsala sauce got watery in the roasting pan. Don't know why this happened... any ideas? Remember the pictures were taken by a visually challenged person.
011_zps7929c341.jpg

HTS

Your sauce sat to long at to high a temp. Just tighten it back up with a corn starch slurry.

scooter

Yep, agree the mushrooms did it while in the cooker. Just thicken at the end from now on and problem will be solved.

scooter

or remove and reduce to concentrate the flavors then thicken. Lots of ways to accomplish a happy ending.

Top Bottom