Cuban style pork loin

Chili Head

A taste of Cuba

Started this off with some thick sliced pork loin marinated for 8 hours in a Cuban style sauce. I didn't get a picture of the package unfortunately.

syhune5u.jpg

Next up I dry roasted some brown rice in the Dutch oven. First time I've done this..really didn't notice any difference.
yguru3eb.jpg

I got the rice cooking and then got some onion and tomatoes cut and got some chopped garlic,cumin,black beans and chili powder together.

apa6u9a7.jpg

y4ytejeh.jpg

I set the MAK to high with the grill grates in and pre heated it for 25 minutes. Time to cook some meat!
uzejezy7.jpg

In the mean time I sautéed the onions in olive oil then added the tomatoes and spices. Yeah that's a pile of garlic!
4e8abu5a.jpg

e6e6ezej.jpg

zuduzudu.jpg

Time for a lil flippage..

8ybumame.jpg

Oh yeah! Gotta good char going!

7use6e5e.jpg

Added some beans to the tomato,onion,garlic mix.
a2ysymym.jpg

Nice! Chops are done!
udydeda7.jpg

Put a bit of rice on the plate with the tomato,onion,black bean and garlic on top.
jeqenaqa.jpg

Add a thick sliced cuban style marinated charred pork loin cooked with oak pellets to the plate, fix ya up a mojito and you have a "taste of Cuba" !
yjyba6um.jpg

yvu6uba9.jpg

9ydeqy6e.jpg

u9a3eqet.jpg

It turned out really good! It has me wanting to make a sauce from scratch now. I'll be looking into Cuban flavors now for sure.

Thanks for looking!

KristenBPS

Beautiful! I cooked a Thai dish this weekend with similar looking pork chops...but no pellet used so no post.

LOVE mojitos, plate looked amazing! Nice job!

Top Bottom