Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show

Matt Dalton

I'd like to wish a fellow BPS team member Scott Nelson of Pig Skin BBQ good luck this weekend..BP is helping him out and I hope you both have a great time.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yes Im off in the Morning...Very interesting contest. You can only cook one category....either Ribs, Chicken , or brisket...UNless two things. You have mor than one of the coveted spaces...or if you are the reigning Jack Daniels Champion. Scott and Katy Nelson are the Jack Champs (by over 19 points...using bps rubs I might add!) We get to cook all three categories.

They only allow you to cook ONE rack of ribs....one whole chicken and one brisket...I love that you have to nail it. Then you another of each a few hours later in hopes you make the finals. You are watched while you cut your meat and there is a tag they put on your chicken when it hits your smoker....

Over 500 teams competing for zero prize money.,

Im excited!

JD McGee

Very cool...have fun Sterling! Rhana and I hope to cook it one day...sounds like a challenge...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Candy Sue

Yes Im off in the Morning...Very interesting contest. You can only cook one category....either Ribs, Chicken , or brisket...UNless two things. You have mor than one of the coveted spaces...or if you are the reigning Jack Daniels Champion. Scott and Katy Nelson are the Jack Champs (by over 19 points...using bps rubs I might add!) We get to cook all three categories.

They only allow you to cook ONE rack of ribs....one whole chicken and one brisket...I love that you have to nail it. Then you another of each a few hours later in hopes you make the finals. You are watched while you cut your meat and there is a tag they put on your chicken when it hits your smoker....

Over 500 teams competing for zero prize money.,

Im excited!

Or the reigning AR open winner! Motley Que (2011 AR winner) won the rodeo last year with a half a chicken! Good luck to you! It's an awesome event.

Kite

I have done a lot of competing for $0 - it is not about the money, it is about the cheesy plastic trophy! I have personally found far more enjoyment competing when no money was involved than when you have a group of competitors vying for a wad of cash. It is just a heck of a lot more fun!

scooter

Pigskin BBQ has made it to the finals in chicken!!!

pigskinfinalist_zps5f816982.jpg

Top Bottom