Thighs 3-ways

Still don't have my driving priviledges back yet (don't worry. not due to legal issues). Thankfully I can still cook.
In the spirit of keeping everyone happy I decided to make chicken thighs 3 ways.
Lemon Pepper (for the boss), buffalo and Texas pit for me.Then spaghetti squash alfredo and mushroms for sides.
Here are the trimmed thighs and the ingredients for them. I marinated the lemon pepper thighs in white wine, lemon pepper and lemon juice for about an hour before cooking them. The others I seasoned with a liberal amount of cracked black peppercorns and allspice peppercorns and salt.
EarlyMarchfoodpics001_zps59ee3218.jpg

I halved and cleaned the spaghetti squash and put on the Memphis Pro along with the thighs to smoke for an hour at 200 deg.
EarlyMarchfoodpics002_zps24867d45.jpg

I then made up a simple alfredo sauce, of butter. heavy cream, salt, pepper,grated parm, garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice.
EarlyMarchfoodpics003_zps6a8c5f29.jpg

I removed the thighs from the grill and contnued to cook the squaxh at 285 deg. With about 19 min left on the squash I put on some rolls. They were suppose to be cresents, but they kinda exploded out of the tube so I salvaged them and rolled into balls. (they tasted better than they looked)

EarlyMarchfoodpics004_zpsa8ff8585.jpg

I took the squash off the grill and removed the insides and mixed with the alfredo sauce. Put the mixture back into the halves with a little grated parm on top. I then put them back on the grill with the thighs that I sauced with buffalo and Texas Pit sauce and the mushrooms to brown at 385 deg. for about 15-18 min. (thighs at 165 deg.).
EarlyMarchfoodpics005_zps5c0ebf1c.jpg

EarlyMarchfoodpics006_zps8d45a6b8.jpg

The spaghetti squash is easily one of my favorite sides. I have been chasing the recipe ever since it was cooked for me by a Chef friend Vdux, although good I still have not duplicated his.
EarlyMarchfoodpics008_zpse2eb7f29.jpg

Here is the finished product.

HTS

scooter

Very nice mixture of items on the grill! Really shows the versatility of a pellet cooker! Get yourself a frogmat for those mushrooms next time, tending and removing them from the grill will be much easier

TentHunter

I love the variety of this cook, and that lemon pepper version holds a lot of appeal. Never done 'em like that before.

I have another suggestion for those thighs another three ways: On my plate, on my fork, & in my belly!

Jonathan

I try and limit my time on this forum. If I come here too often, I see too many wonderful meals, and I get hungry. Then I need to cook and eat. Then I get fat! Nice looking meal!!!

Top Bottom