My Story of Green Mountain Grills Customer Service!!

warpath

I had recently purchased a GMG Daniel Boone model grill.. Only had done a couple of cooks.. Thanksgiving Day I had a 11 lb Standing Rib roast to cook.. grill would not come up to temp..
After determining the auge wasn't running correctly I emailed GMG (figuring a response Fri or Mon due to holiday) To my pleasant surprise David from GMG responded made several suggestions but alas none worked..Reno was closed Fri but their Salina,KS facility was working.. Bright and early Tues I had a new auger motor/gearbox assy in hand..

The grill seems to be up to par now.. I just wish I had more than two thumbs to point up for Green Mountain Grills customer service..

seeya
Dave

Phrett Bender

When I received my GMG I had a problem where the SS lid had a bit of a gap on the bottom end. I contacted GMG and 2 days later I had a new lid and hinge pins, and also a 2nd grate accessory and a nifty liquid chicken cooker (much better than a plain beer can cooker", along with a prepaid carton to send the original lid back. Since that experience I've said that if every seller made that type of effort to satisfy a customer, there would be no need for a complaint department! A month or so later I got a drywall screw in my hopper than caused some havoc and I didn't know what had caused it. My auger motor ran but the auger didn't. A call to GMG promised a new auger motor assembly and instructions would be sent that afternoon, After cleaning the hopper and finding half the screw I called GMG back and was given excellnt instruction on how to check the motor, auger, and drive components. Turns out the cotter pin was sheared and no new parts were needed, but GMG was there 1,000% to help and send new parts at no cost and sight unseen! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! I will add one very important observation/opinion: the units that are first generation manufacturers have service that is light years ahead of those that have been around the block and sold off a few times to new owners. As ownership gets diluted so does commitment to the product, and that's not just pellet poopers, my friends!

Top Bottom