Ode to an old 'Pro"

This is a story that starts in June with water and rain and cntinues to the current day in the cold and snow...

On June 21st of 2012 the river our cabin is on rose 20 feet above normal level in 10 hours. The cabin sits about 16 feet above normal levels. If you do the math...
Luckily the weekend before the flood I brought my old painted Pro home for some extra cooking capacity, so it did not get lost to the flood.
IMG_0377_zpsd8e7eb69.jpg

IMG_0403_zps76e48567.jpg

I have spent every weekend tearing out and rebuilding. Of course the oven/stove was destroyed, so every meal during this time has been cooked on the pellet grill. Breakfast ,lunch and dinner, No pun intended, but the Pro has run like a Pro, I have even heated soup up on it. If ever there was a testament to the versatility of pellet cookers this could be it.

Moving ahead to the present... although not finished we have it sealed up enough to stay in the cabin. We have facilities but not all the amenities that we are used to.
Still looks like winter in northern MN.
marchpics003_zpsa193f696.jpg

marchpics004_zpsd11b4076.jpg

Best way to take the chill off is some grilled food. We cooked up a peppercorn flavored pork tenderloin and the standard green bean caserole.
marchpics007_zps617c5bbc.jpg

marchpics008_zps5a40d28e.jpg

Once again cooked on the trusty pellet grill.
marchpics005_zpsda53c4c6.jpg

HTS

soupyjones

Best of luck fixing the cabin up. It is a nice place and it is nice to see it getting the love you give it. Awesome work with the pro as well. i wish I was closer so I could come help you out.

jimsbarbecue

It is amazing when you only have the pellet grill , how you learn just how versatile it can be. Hopefully the water level rise is a once in a 100 yrs event

It is amazing when you only have the pellet grill , how you learn just how versatile it can be. Hopefully the water level rise is a once in a 100 yrs event

Usually it is the spring time when the water rises. This was very odd in the middle of summer. There is no record of it ever being that high.
Hoping that it will be a once in 500 year flood.
HTS

Top Bottom