Grill Light?

Deimatt

Does anyone rec a certain type/brand specific grill light that would attach somewhere on the MAK?

I bought a Handle one but it didn't fit and I didn't feel like trying to mod it. Any suggestions? I am starting to think might have to go with a magnent type.

Thanks!!

:D:D

SmokinMAK

If you have a MAK, the magnet style wont work - it wont stick to the stainless on the MAK. The only place I have found that will attract a magnet is the hopper body.

I will be interested in what you find. Luckily, I can roll my MAK just outside my patio door to where I have a floodlight on it. It's not perfect, but I can see and I can read the display from inside (until I get a Remote Boss) ;)

TTNuge

The wife has been giving me crap but since I got back from hunting camp and left my gear lay all around, one day when I was trying to grill I decided to throw one of my headlamps on that I normally use while walking to my stand. It worked so well that now it sits next to the sliding glass door and is a standard grilling utensil. When I'm going out to check on the food I just throw it on and the light goes wherever I'm looking and keeps my hands free.

And I know the wife would disagree but it makes me look COOL while grillin' n smokin'!

Jessie

The wife has been giving me crap but since I got back from hunting camp and left my gear lay all around, one day when I was trying to grill I decided to throw one of my headlamps on that I normally use while walking to my stand. It worked so well that now it sits next to the sliding glass door and is a standard grilling utensil. When I'm going out to check on the food I just throw it on and the light goes wherever I'm looking and keeps my hands free.

And I know the wife would disagree but it makes me look COOL while grillin' n smokin'!

Headlamps are my favorite camping accessory outside of my Camelbak (which I see as a necessity). I have a small collection and find any excuse outside of camping to use them! And they really do look cool!

Deimatt

Yes i agree I figured a magnent one would have to go on the hopper and have to be really long.

How funny you mention the headlamp. I was thinking about pulling mine out my duck hunting gear bag and using it!! LOL That may have to be the trick!

Oh yes I could run out to Cabela's and grab a hat lamp.

squirtthecat

I use a propane Coleman lantern.. Low tech. (when it lights..) I do have a LED 'grill light' from Bed/Bath/Beyond attached to the Cabela's camp kitchen next to my MAK. - and a trouble-light hanging from it as well.

None of it is perfect, though. I still end up reaching for a small LED flashlight.

jimsbarbecue

Shelf Light

One of the reason for building the shelf over the MAK was to have a light and the cover still go on.

shelfMAK86.jpg

jimsbarbecue

Thanks . I hope to have photos of the jimbotron I made up this weekend. Have cooked with it about 20 pit hours and 10 with the pit light on before the low voltage beeper goes off. I think it would run a smoker for 24 hours straight. The light I use a flouresent bulb because they use less power.

Top Bottom