Steak Fajitas

scooter

Nothing fancy this week. Just simple Mexican food done simple. Lime juice marinated hanger steak (Arrachera style), ultra fresh tortillas just off the machine and still hot in the package from Mi Pueblo Market, flash hot sauteed onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic, tomatoes. Add on top some fresh salsa, avocado, sour cream, cheese and tapatio sauce. Simple but oh so good!

Here we go, no fancy lighting this time.

Fresh as fresh tortillas get!
IMG_0746_zps30078ca6.jpg

The vegies for quick saute
IMG_0750_zps603c1379.jpg

Marinated the steak in lime juice then brush with EVOO, Jalapeno Season Salt and Butchers Steak & Brisket rubs. Get hardwood briquets going and add some cherry pellets. Most fell through the briquets though!
IMG_0754_zps95968e46.jpg

Flip over after 5 minutes
IMG_0756_zpsa915e589.jpg

Done
IMG_0757_zpsf5720b11.jpg

Put it all together and eat!

IMG_0762_zpsf191e062.jpg

IMG_0763_zpsa6e25f01.jpg

ddabd5ca-d021-44dc-a31f-6e59cf09c83f_zps0d054110.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
scooter...fabulous cooking....you have now progressed to the point where we need real mexican cheese....I have a hard time finding that white hard crumbled stuff...fabulous cook

scooter

Thanks BP, I actually had a block of Cotija in my hand but it was a big block and we only use it for a few things so we throw out unused often. Sooo, I put it down and just went with what cheddar we had in the fridge. :)

Last edited:

TentHunter

Scooter, your version of simple sure looks mighty tasty!

The guy who owns our local Mexican restaurant is actually from Cotija, Mexico, where Cotija cheese originated. He says it's basically Mexico's version of Parmesan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom