This weeks Contest Tent Hunter is the Judge

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok Kids lets keep this going.

If we get more than 6 there will be a first prize of $25 dollar gift certificate to Big Poppa Smokers...less than 6 $10 bucks....IF there are more than six there will also be a second place Second Place is one of the hot off the presses pelletsmoking.com hoodies!

If a newbie wins they get the prize and a bonus Pelletsmoking Tshirt....Bribery baby

These are all in good fun and I love food pics..especially the crew here....

TentHunter

Allright! We had more entries than ever last week. Lets have even more this week!

No entry is too complicated or too simple. Main dishes & meat dishes are great, but if you have a favorite side dish, appetizer or desert, just bring it on. We love them all!

Remember, describing the flavors, smells & texture of your dish will make us want to crawl through the monitor!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yes everything in the pellet cookers count I actually love seeing the different uses...but Tent is the supreme being this week!

txpgapro

Remember that most of my cooking is done on Sunday since I work all day Saturday. I'm cooking for my pro-am team before we go to Jamaica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deb

I'll go, I'll go!

Sicilian Style Sausage Pizza

e9524d22.jpg

Tent - I wasn't sure if you wanted a slice with ricotta or not and crust or inside piece so I gave you one of each (the dishwasher is broken and the new one won't be in for a week, so we are doing paper plates tonight)

First up - get the dough started - a quick food processor dough, mix, let rise for 45 minutes

photo-17.jpg

While the dough is rising , time to make the sauce - 28 oz can crushed tomato, garlic, oregano, black pepper, crushed red pepper and 1 lb. snake river farm sweet italian sausage (fully cooked) diced. Simmer while dough is rising and sauce is reduced a little

photo-19.jpg

Press out dough into a 1/2 sheet pan , top with sauce , I put ricotta cheese on about 1/3 before the sauce (and a "little" red pepper on top of the ricotta)

a231c330.jpg

Let rise for 1/2 hour

Then into the Traeger (450 if your grill will do it, mine would not tonight so it took a little longer ) for 20 minutes (glad Scooter is not the judge this week, I'm not sure why the drip pan looks like that, it doesn't usually:eek: )

299cf1e7.jpg

After 20 minutes top with cheese and bake about 5-10 minutes more

6c644c3e.jpg

out of the Traeger before a quick visit under the broiler

173e2764.jpg

the slices (again) :)

e9524d22.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Deb

I think it was all eaten by the Bradley Forum friday night

I"ll have to make a new one for you. ;) Maybe Duroc sausage will be available to buy soon???

FLBentRider

Just your basic butts for the Dolphins game (the butts were MUCH better than the Dolphins offense)

Salt lick rub
3-3-1-1 Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, Cayenne

six hours on Smoke, 7 hours @250F - It was ~205F when I got up this morning

I put the rub on Friday night, wrapped in plastic and into the fridge.
They went on the MAK about 5pm Saturday night, as we had a Christmas party to go to.
When we got home from the Party I realized I forgot to start the pellet boss program, so I went to 250F
By 6:30 AM they were done and went into FTC.
DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

IMG00215-20101205-1648.jpg

IMG00204-20101205-1100.jpg

I participated in the Dolphins Cycling Challenge a couple of weeks ago to raise money for cancer research.
300 riders raised over $500,000.
We got to be on the sidelines for warmup. Yes we were close, I almost got run over by Brian Hartline
IMG00212-20101205-1230.jpg

Last edited:

SilverBullet

My last day off before Christmas so I decided to make good use of it. Injected this 12 lb packer with a beef broth/garlic juice mixture & cooked it over my flavorite pellet. BBQrs Pecan. Cooked @ 170 for a few hrs & then bumped it to 240. Foiled around 170, before I did, I put the other contents of the minced garlic jar on top if it along with a sliced onion & let her go to 200.
Very good eats!!
GEDC0535.jpg

GEDC0536.jpg

txpgapro

Ok. I had my golfing buddies and their wives over for a pre-tournament meal prior to our trip to Jamaica tonight. One of the ladies is a vegetarian so I decided that authentic Mexican food was in order.
I made one large pan of cheese and onion enchiladas and one pan of sour cream turkey enchiladas along with rice, refried beans and queso. I used to help my brothers operate 135 mexican restaurants across the country so I have some experience with authentic foods. Started at 10am making the sauces and queso. Roasting the peppers to include in the sauces was easy in the Memphis Pro at 600 degrees. I started low with some smoke prior to searing with 600* heat. I finished the enchiladas in the MP. Everything turned out great. I love my Memphis Pro!
adb885fb-619d-7a2d.jpg
Refried beans

adb885fb-61bf-b009.jpg
Adding cheese to the beans

adb885fb-628c-9c42.jpg
Rolling with Sour Cream Turkey Enchiladas

adb885fb-621a-bb6e.jpg
Rolling the Sour Cream Turkey Enchiladas

adb885fb-62de-e079.jpg
Ready for the smoker.

adb885fb-630b-ad50.jpg
Cheese and Onion Enchiladas with red chile sauce.

adb885fb-634b-5668.jpg
Two pans of Sour Cream Turkey Enchiladas, One pan of Cheese and Onion Enchiladas, and refried beans all fit on the Memphis Pro with no trouble.

adb885fb-63eb-83c4.jpg
Dinner anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nepas

Spaghetti Pizza.....MAK style

My wife did all the prep of the spaghetti pizza, i did the MAK.

1 Box of cooked spaghetti noodles drained and placed in foil pan
DSCF6415.jpg

Milk,egg and seasoning added to noodles (i dont know her recipe)
DSCF6416.jpg

Stir in well
DSCF6417.jpg

Sauce added, stir in well. You can use canned, bottle or homemade sauce.
DSCF6418.jpg

DSCF6419.jpg

Layer of browned seasoned hamburger to the sauced noodles
DSCF6420.jpg

Layer of pepperoni to the burger
DSCF6421.jpg

Now some cheese
DSCF6423.jpg

Into my MAK @375* until cheese starts to get brown and bubble (about 45 mins) I used Alder
DSCF6428.jpg

MAK Sketti Pizza
DSCF6430.jpg

Top Bottom