Tri-tip and twice baked potato

MossyMO

Nothing fancy this time, so I didn't feel this was contest worthy (or would stand a chance at winning).....

Seasoned up a tri-tip with Tatonka Dust, wrapped the tri-tip in Saran Wrap and into the refrigerator overnight.

Next day put oak pellets in the hopper and into a 18" A-MAZE-N tube, set the Yoder at 150º and let the tri-tip smoke for 2 hours. Then turn it up to 235º and planned on pulling the tri-tip at 135º but not watching close enough and didn't get it pulled till it had hit 141º. Wrapped the tri-tip in foil to let it rest 45 minutes and noticed the temp went up to 146º... oops, still tasted great though!

-----

-----

-----

Thanks for looking!

scooter

Holy moly look at that gorgeous smoke ring!!! TT and twice cooked taters are like what soupy said! So good together!

If you overshoot again just don't wrap with foil. You'll get less of a push.

hank858SD

Nice looking Tri Tip. How were the twice baked potatoes cooked? I am a beginner and looking for a good education.

MossyMO

How were the twice baked potatoes cooked? I am a beginner and looking for a good education.

My wife makes up a couple dozen at a time and freezes them. For this cook I just took them straight from the freezer and then into the smoker with the Tri Tip.

Top Bottom