The Pork Shoulder that went for a ride.

We wanted to go to the cabin for hopefully the last weekend of crosscountry sking. I had a small shoulder to smoke but wouldn't have enough time to do the whole cook in one place.
I started it at home at 4 am at 240 deg. when it was time to leave for the cabin at 10:30 am, it was at 170 internal. I wrapped it in foil and some towels and put it in an Igloo 5 gal water jug. ( you know the ones you see on road construction crew trucks ).
Put it in the back of the open pick up truck and drove 135 miles north at approx. 70 mph? The temp was in the 30's. I got my old Pro going as soon as I arrived let it get to 240 deg and removed the shoulder from the cooler, It was still at 140 deg. I was a little nervous because there was some loss of juices, but I put it on the grill and finished like normal. It turned out great! I am wondering if there is some technique here that one could use when you have to transport, or don't have enough time in one sitting to cook?

First some scenery
marchstuffedpepppers006_zps33fe2b94.jpg

Here it si ready to pull.
marchstuffedpepppers004_zpsb77168d2.jpg

I chopped up the pulled pork with some onions, roasted garlic salsa, blue cheese, and bread crumbs and put the mixture into pepper halfs. Along with mushrooms, hash brown patties, spahgetti squash, and cookies for dessert, we had a delicious meal after working up an apppetite skiing. All cooked on... you guessed it a Pellet Grill.
marchstuffedpepppers009_zps224305a6.jpg

marchstuffedpepppers010_zps46843e83.jpg

Poor Zigmund got a lttle tired waiting for me to finish.
marchstuffedpepppers013_zps5486d475.jpg

HTS

Top Bottom