Do you cook for your office?

scooter

Those that travel to an office during the week, do you ever cook for them? Everyone in my office knows I'm a backyard pitmaster. Could be they were tipped off by the juicy sliced tritip used as my PC wallpaper, could be the BBQ sauces in the breakroom fridge, could be all the BBQ talk I do and even could be all the times they walk by my office and I'm signed into PelletSmoking.com! :)
Earlier this year for an office party the office manager asked me to Q up brisket and ribs which I cooked at home then brought into the office right at lunchtime still hot off my pellet cooker.
Yesterday I was again asked to Q up something for the office. They requested tritips for the office Christmas party in a couple weeks. I'll be bringing in my Weber kettle (specially setup for rocket hot searing) and WSM (to finish at a lower temp and using smoke) and cooking them right in the parking lot which required I get a special temporary license agreement from the property management in order to cook in the parking lot which is not allowed, especially with charcoal. The agreement states I will be shown where in the parkling lot I can set up, which will be at the farthest point away from the office, and I must stay with my cookers constantly from the time I light the fire until the charcoal is completely extinguished. No prob. I'll bring a chair (and EZ-UP if it looks like rain) and be outside for a good period of time!
Even with the added hoops I need to jump through, I enjoy doing it very much and I'm flattered they continue to ask me.
Do any of you cook BBQ for your offices?

Last edited:

TentHunter

I work at a local computer shop and there's just the owner and two of us techs. My co-worker is actually who introduced me to smoking about 7 or 8 years ago. We are always bringing stuff in for the other to try or left overs for lunch, etc.

My boss has actually hinted that I make him some Jack Daniels Pulled Pork. So I know what his Christmas gift is going to be this year!

Deb

yes, I cook for my office, I telecommute, I cook for myself all the time ;) , Seriously -
The office is about 3 hours away and I'm not allowed in the door without food. I think the favorite meal is pulled pork.

I just realized I'm going to be in the office on Wednesday and need to figure out what I'm bringing....... thanks scooter

doodles

I'm new to the whole bbq thing, but some of my staff has tasted some of the stuff I've been cooking, so asked me to do a turkey for a Christmas party coming up. It better be good, is all I've got to say! LOL As long as it turns out like the one I did for TG, I'm golden.

ACW3

I am a retired teacher of 3 1/2 years. When I go back to visit my old school (in another state) I am always asked to bring some pulled pork for a department luncheon. They will provide the rest of the food. It seems that everytime I go back, the lunch crowd grows in size. I don't go visit as often anymore.

Art

Big Poppa

Administrator
At both Ernie Ball in the Desert and Music Man in San Luis Obispo I have outfitted the places with cookers and taught the supervisors ho to smoke and grill...Every Thursday a diferent department head cooks for his or her department..In coachella the employees get the practice comp food brom Big Poppa Smokers team...
I will be cooking with the team for the Desert company Christmas party about 600! I love it....happy as can be!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I got the real head count 450 so it will be easier. Chicken and tri tip. We will be using our meadow creek trailer it has the 72" pig roaster with another shelf and one of their fabulous chicken cookers. I will have another meadow creek pr36 and a tiernan to get all the chicken done

Trooper

Yes, I do.
Every summer for the past 5 years or so I do the summer BILL-B-QUE, for 18-20 workers.
I do all the food.
Pulled pork on cheap white buns, homemade sauces, BBQ baked beans, homemade potato salad, coleslaw, fresh sweet corn, and a dessert. We try to do it last week in July when the corn is fresh-picked the previous afternoon. My turkey fryer makes a great unit for banging out 20 cobs in a hurry.
For one guy getting all of this ready at work, I've learned one thing.
Pulled pork butt reheats VERY well.

HoDeDo

We provide the teachers at my daughters school with a meal 2-3 times a year ( usually during parent-teacher conference weeks when they have the really long hours)... I bring comp leftovers to the office sometimes; when the smell hits the halls it is a free-for-all.

We sell meat to folks at the office this time of year for their own parties, etc.

Trooper

Very sorry I won't be able to make it on Wednesday, Fretbender.
Have fun. I know you love it! & they will too.

Big Poppa

Administrator
The funnynthink is that they think that it is a big favor...they have no idea that we all will rush to any excuse to smoke. The bigger the crowd the better

squirtthecat

About every 6 weeks, I'll do a bunch of pulled pork and maybe pastrami for the office cafeteria. I just take the price of the meat and double it, and that is what I charge her. That covers the loss from cooking, and the pellets used. (meanwhile, I've got the pit loaded with other stuff as well)

No money exchanges hands, she just issues a 'store credit' of sorts for breakfast and lunches for a week. (sometimes more)

scooter

About every 6 weeks, I'll do a bunch of pulled pork and maybe pastrami for the office cafeteria. I just take the price of the meat and double it, and that is what I charge her. That covers the loss from cooking, and the pellets used. (meanwhile, I've got the pit loaded with other stuff as well)

No money exchanges hands, she just issues a 'store credit' of sorts for breakfast and lunches for a week. (sometimes more)

That is a cool idea STC!! Wish I had a cafeteria here at the office I could do that with!

MAK DADDY

We cook here at MAK all the time (big shocker huh) for "testing" :D
Just smoked 30 racks of pork ribs on 2 grills for the Rotary club last week, they were blown away!

Top Bottom