Herby Chicken with Crispy Skin

TentHunter

The wife was in the mood for some chicken. OK no problem.

I grabbed a chicken from the butcher, spatchcocked & applied a thin coating of mayo to both sides. Then sprinkled on an herby seasoning, placed on the MAK and cranked it up to 400°. Let it ride until the breast reached an I.T. of 162°. Pulled off and rested for a good 15 minutes.

WOWCHIK1.JPG

Perfect crispy skin, moist, herby & smoky - YUM! :)
WOWCHIK2.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

RickB

Thats the second time in a few weeks I have seen the mayo trick. Go to try that. Looks fantastic. Nice bird my friend!

TentHunter

Thanks guys.

Thats the second time in a few weeks I have seen the mayo trick. Go to try that. Looks fantastic. Nice bird my friend!

Rick,

I've played around with this a lot trying different temps, etc., but the trick seems to be combining the mayo with high heat.

The mayo clings to the chicken very well, and the high heat seems to get the chicken fat (just under the skin) and the fat in the mayo both hot enough to fry and crisp the skin from both sides before the fat melts off.

This method seems to work every time for us, but it's time for some else to play around with it and see if they get the same results. That person may as well be you! ;)

P.S. Because of the extra heat, you do need to pull the chicken off a little sooner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom