Swine time burgers.

soupyjones

I was planning to make some pasta sauce this weekend and the weather was great today so I made a couple burgers with some of my ground pork and a bit of a pulled pork i have in the freezer. Here they are.
003-7_zpsbb5aa3bb.jpg

I gave them a season with a shallot LLwP mustard powder sage and thyme.
005-5_zpsa8c1a8b7.jpg

Mixed it up and let them rest in the fridge while I had a cold beverage. After a half hour I formed my patties.
006-7_zps7d6f68de.jpg

One more with my chunk of sorta sausage for my sauce tomorrow.
009-6_zps2f6fd1f4.jpg

Threw it on the Traeger at 325 running my apple maple combo. Forgot to get a pic when they went on but i got one at the flip with my bacon, buns and some goat cheese on the burgers.
010-5_zpsff9fa52e.jpg

That pic is not great but this one hardly has the burgers in it.
011-4_zps89654ba4.jpg

10 more minutes and they were ready to go. Mine got plated up with some arugula and a sliced up granny smith along with some fries.
012-6_zpsc70e9c04.jpg

One more for good measure.
016-2_zps480e55dc.jpg

Poured a tall glass of moo juice and chowed down. In all it was a great burger though I was a bit heavy handed with the goat cheese. Anyhow thanks for looking guys.

Sorry about the picture quality I was fighting with my camera.

TentHunter

Oh man does that look good. I can almost smell the smoky goodness!

Combining the ground pork & pulled pork already had my attention, but topping it off with the apples to play against the goat cheese & arugula is pure genius.

Then you topped it off with bacon - I want one!

soupyjones

Thanks guys. I think of all the cooks I have posted on this forum, this one got the one single most enthusiastic response from any one person. Thanks very much Cliff I am glad that you think it is a good idea. Please give it a try, I cant wait to see your version of it.

Top Bottom