Planked Halibut

Stone

The halibut are starting to come in here in Seattle. Headed to Pike Place Market to grab some. View attachment 2033
Added some fresh purple asparagus from Sosio's produce stand and then home to make dinner.

Prepped and ready to go...View attachment 2034

I made a baste/sauce using 1 stick unsalted butter, ~1/4C diced sweet onion, ~1/2C white wine, 2 cloves minced garlic, and a Tbs of a local seafood rub (Tom Douglas' "rub with love"). Combined in a saucepan and simmered until alcohol was cooked off.

Dialed the MAK to 400F, preheated a cherry plank, and then put the fish on and covered with the sauce.
View attachment 2035

Next, drizzled olive oil over the asparagus and tossed with a heavy hand of Little Louie's - stuff is magic on veggies. On to the grill.

View attachment 2036

Turned out great. Sorry, no pictures of the plated meal. I seem to be getting caught up in serving the family and forgetting to grab a final shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickmv

Damn I love the market in Seattle. I went there last summer while visiting, with intentions of spending about $60. I ended up leaving with $135 worth of halibut, shrimp, and scallops. Caught a dude playing peaceful jazz sax on the Bainbridge Ferry on the ride back.

Boy was that meal GOOD. I need to go back soon. Pacific NW is just such a fun place to visit.

Last edited:

Salmonsmoker

Damn I love the market in Seattle. I went there last summer while visiting, with intentions of spending about $60. I ended up leaving with $135 worth of halibut, shrimp, and scallops. Caught a dude playing peaceful jazz sax on the Bainbridge Ferry on the ride back.

Boy was that meal GOOD. I need to go back soon. Pacific NW is just such a fun place to visit.

Especially with all the sun we get here!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top Bottom