MAK burgers

Stone

MAK Burgers...

Decided on some burgers last night. But do not have a lot of photos. Here's the breakdown:

3lbs 75% lean ground beef (mix of chuck and sirloin). Kneaded in 1/4C water and 1tsp Worcestershire. Molded the patties, and then into the fridge for an hour.

In the meantime, prep the fixings: sautéed mushrooms (white and crimini), sautéed some sweet onions, made some bacon, also the usual suspects of lettuce and tomato. Also buttered the buns so they were ready to go.

Made a baste using:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 C chopped Italian parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt

Place all ingredients into a small aluminum pan and place on the grill to melt and combine.

Make an herb brush by tying a bunch of thyme to the handle of a wooden spoon to apply the baste.

I set the MAK to 450F, placed an iron griddle on one side, and the MAK searing grate on the other. The pan of baste went on the back of the griddle.

Ready to go. Coat each patty heavily with BPS Money and onto the searing grate. ~2 minutes per side. View attachment 2041

Using the thyme brush, brush some of the baste onto the griddle. Move the burgers to the griddle, give another coat of Money, then baste thoroughly using the thyme brush. Again ~2 minutes per side.View attachment 2042

Toast the buns.View attachment 2043

Add some cheese until just melted.View attachment 2044

That's it. The mixture of grill and griddle builds a lot of flavor and adds a wonderful crust to the burgers.

Sorry, no plated photo (again).

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom