Rib-Style Pork Steaks & Corn Pudding

TentHunter

The butcher had some great looking pork steaks and I couldn't resist getting a few. Instead of grilling them hot & fast, let's cook them up like I would ribs.

Season & stick 'em on the MAK at 225° to cook low & slow for a good 1 1/2 hours.
BBQPS01.JPG

Foil time.
BBQPS02.JPG

Move the foiled pork steaks to the top rack, stick on the corn pudding that the wife mixed up & bump the temp to 350° for an hour (I love the flavor of corn pudding on the grill - Yum!).
BBQPS03.JPG

Put the steaks back on to finish. We mixed the foil drippings with a bit of homemade BBQ sauce & my son brushed it on...
BBQPS04.JPG

They almost fell apart taking them off the grill ;)
BBQPS05.JPG

Smoky Sweet, tangy & tender. The smoky corn pudding accompanied them nicely.
BBQPS06.JPG

Thanks for sneaking a peek!

Cliff

Last edited:

hank858SD

Is the low and slow on a cut of meat like this that much better than grilling? Don't think I could wait the 2+ hours :)

TentHunter

I love that you did it low and slow. Bet that sucker just melted.

Oh, it did... it did! :cool:

Is the low and slow on a cut of meat like this that much better than grilling? Don't think I could wait the 2+ hours :)

I can tell you this much, cooking them like this was definitely worth the wait. They were succulent beyond belief.

We usually grill pork steaks, but I thought I'd try something different this time. The moans coming from my family when they started eating, told me it was a good choice! ;)

Top Bottom