Maple Honey Chicken thighs

tenny80

Had these tonight and they are amazing! very easy to prepare, I just did it on the fly with what I had on hand but man they turned out great!

rub chicken with your fav chicken rob
sprinkle pepper (salt depending on rub)
little bit of bbq sauce

put them on at 225 for roughly half an hour

in the meantime mix some garlic, 1tbsp honey and 2 tbsp maple syrup together, warm it up a bit to get it to mix well. I used "real" maple syrup and honey sourced locally but i'm sure it would be good with the shelf stuff.

mop the chicken thighs with it every 15 minutes.

after 30 minutes I cranked it up to 300 for another 20 minutes. I didn't check time to close as I was going by temp.

20130411193137.jpg

TentHunter

tenny80 said:
I used "real" maple syrup and honey sourced locally but i'm sure it would be good with the shelf stuff.

Shelf stuff? I hope you meant the honey, and not maple "flavored" syrup
EEKsm.JPG
YIKES!!! LOL :D

Man, those chicken thighs look superb. You're off to a great start with your new grill!

tenny80

Shelf stuff? I hope you meant the honey, and not maple "flavored" syrup
EEKsm.JPG
YIKES!!! LOL :D

Man, those chicken thighs look superb. You're off to a great start with your new grill!

Thanks man! and I meant for both haha. A guy just down the street from me is a bee keeper so I get my honey from him and the syrup from a friend of my fathers. My wife actually prefers the maple "flavored" syrup over the real stuff... something is wrong with her though hahahha.

Top Bottom