Baby Backs with Peach Glaze

Stone

I wanted to build layers of flavor, and having enjoyed Chris Lily's peach pulled pork, borrowed from his fondness for pork and peaches. I then used some techniques from Adam Perry Lang to intensify the favors. Sterling - you were right, this is becoming an addiction...

Rub three racks of baby backs with a mustard glue:
1/4C yellow mustard
1/4C water
Tbs Worcestershire
Tbs apple cider vinegar

Then a heavy coat of BPS Money
View attachment 2053

On to the grill for 2 hrs, meat side up. I maintained the MAK 2 Star at 275F throughout the entire cook.

Meanwhile make up a wrapping mixture:
1C brown sugar
1C peach preserves
1/4 C peach nectar

After 2 hrs, ribs are ready to wrap.

Pour equal amounts of the wrapping mixture onto sheets of foil and place each rack meat side down into mixture and seal foil tightly. Return to grill, meat side down for 1hr, turning once.

After 1hr, remove the ribs from the cooker and let rest for ~15 minutes. Then unwrap the ribs and give another dusting with BPS Money. Then back on to the smoker for 30 minutes.
View attachment 2056

Follow Chris's recipe for peach bbq sauce:
2C Big Bob Gibson's Red Sauce
1 can of peaches, drained and chopped
Mix together over medium heat and summer for 10 minutes.

After 30 minutes, remove the ribs and give an even coating of the sauce. Then back on to the cooker for 25 minutes.

Give the ribs a couple sprays with a peach juice spray (1/2 peach nectar, 1/2 water) and remove from the grill.
View attachment 2057

Slice and enjoy!
View attachment 2059

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TentHunter

YUM!!! They sure look good, and seeing as peach is my favorite rib flavor profile, I know they had to taste good too!

Top Bottom