Nabbed a Good Deal!

TentHunter

Trying to slice Bacon on my smaller 9 1/2" home slicer is a pain and leaves a lot to be desired. You also can't slice it length-wise, so I've been saving my pennies & watching for a bigger, true commercial grade slicer.

I finally nabbed this a few weeks ago for $350 - Used, but in pretty nice condition.

12" Anvil America SLR7012 - 1/2 H.P. Heavy Duty - Commercial Slicer w/built-in sharpening stones.
12SLICR1.JPG

New they listed for $2300. I saw a couple others in similar shape, going for the $800 - $900 price range.

Two of the feet got damaged in shipping, so I ordered a whole new set of feet to replace them all. Otherwise, I got it pulled it apart, cleaned up, lubricated, and the blade sharpened.

It works absolutely fine and was definitely worth the wait!
BACON10.JPG

P.S. It's too heavy (64 lbs.) to lug around, so now I've got an excuse to setup a meat processing area in the basement. :cool:

jimsbarbecue

A couple of tips . Do make your own sandwich meat, I posted some I made with the Strube from BP it is fantastic. Clean,Clean when your done, if you don't do a good job you will be raising flies. Or store in a sealed trash bag. Because you have already owned the smaller home version you know the benefit of partial frozen meat for thin slicing and not loosing all the good juices.

Top Bottom