Fridays Strube Ranch Wagyu Dinner at the Scottsdale Comp

Big Poppa

Administrator
I love cooking for the team, fellow competitors and guests on Friday night.
My appetizer was chips and guacamole and MAK smoked Portabello Pulled Pork pizzas with Mexican quatro formaggio, and Andys famous smoked nuts.
This dinner was two whole blocks of MAK Smoked New York Strip along with Plowboys corn on the cobb, Chantrelles Mushrooms and sweet onions sauteed in a olive oil rub and balsamic glaze on the MAK griddle., Smoked Garlic toast, Mexican Caesar. Rib Ticklers team brought Scallops in the shell, beef ribs, scalloped potatos and cupcakes
I served on block to the guests and the took the second one and started slicing it thin for any of the passers by....It was great seeing a line form out of nowhere and the happy tasters!
P1000230.jpg

P1000229.jpg

P1000232.jpg

P1000233.jpg

P1000228-1.jpg

P1000226-1.jpg

P1000227.jpg

P1000225-1.jpg

P1000224.jpg

P1000223.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
HOw to make the Portabello Pizzas....Sccop out the brown fibers of the bottom of the mushroom then coat with garlic olive oil and Big Poppa Double Secret rub, Put them on the smoker at 400 for 8 minutes and flib over for 5 or until soft. remove from heat and take your favorite BBQ sauce and baset the underside of the mushroom. We used 2/3 Pepper Plant 1/3 Blues Hog. Fill the mushroom with pulled pork and top with cheese and smoke for about ten minutes. Cut and Serve

KyNola

Dang Poppa, what a spread. Thanks for the idea on the portabello mushroom pizzas. I'm liking the sound of that.

HoDeDo

Well, by "I" - he means everyone who had one of the loaded potato skins for breakfast... with garlic taters, onions, bacon, the chipotle sour cream, chopped waygu, with an egg set into the top of the potato boat... But I am guilty as charged :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
I ate my share I was just throwing my teammate under the wagyu bus. Thsoes taters and schrooms were pretty damn good

TentHunter

That beef looked perfect by itself... then you had to go and add the perfect looking caramelized onions... You know I love caramelization. You sure know how to make a guy hungry!

Top Bottom