Salmon and CarterQ's Cobbler

While posting this, I realized that my wife requested the exact same main dish last year for Mother's Day. Started out the same way by making a compound butter with fresh Dill, garlic, and lemon juice:

Sliced the butter and put on the salmon with BPS Desert Gold, and fresh lemon juice. On the top rack of the MAK at approximately 350°F:

Spread out the butter mixture as it melted:

Plated up with rice and a fresh mozzarella, tomato, fresh basil salad, with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. First plate for my wife (Special Day plate kind of a tradition for birthday's, etc.):

And my plate:

I have tried CarterQ's cobbler recipe several times with different variations (see Hall of Fame recipe section). Today, since peaches were not available, we decided to use 1/3 blueberries, 1/3 blackberries, and 1/3 raspberries. This is by far the best combination I have tried! My daughter cooked this for Mom on Mother's day!

Here are the berries:

After being mixed with the rest of the filling mixture:

Put in a baking dish with the crumble, and on to the top shelf of the MAK at 375-400°F.

Almost done:

Served up with vanilla ice cream:

Colbie is not much of a helper yet:

The salmon was much better than last year and the cobbler was better than any I have made before. Since I like the crunchy stuff, I will probably increase the size of the crumble recipe next time.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Top Bottom