How many of you also cook on Charcoal?

Big Poppa

Administrator
It would be interesting to see how many of you also cook on charcoal. I do with my favorites being a toos up between a drub a hasty bake of a meadow creek

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

we have been smoking for yrs but john Jackson from rocksbbq /stoker units when and help john 3 yrs ago and been hooked on the comp... side as for bbq I smoke or grill 4 to 5 times a week yr around it just tastes better john has helped with brisket lol we have walked in chicken and pork and ribs and nothing in brisket

HoDeDo

Oh yes, we are charcoal users too... I have a BGE, a Hasty Bake, and my girls have a pair of Webers.

nepas

Use a homebuilt UDS which may have to be turned into a burn barrel cuz its got a hole in it. I'm leaning towards a PK or Bubba Keg.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Watch the Bubba keg or as they call it the Big Steel Keg to sound like the bge. They are dumping them at the big boxes. Great cookers just really anticipate the heat because you cannot bring it down. Uses hardly any charcoal too

nepas

Watch the Bubba keg or as they call it the Big Steel Keg to sound like the bge. They are dumping them at the big boxes. Great cookers just really anticipate the heat because you cannot bring it down. Uses hardly any charcoal too

BP

Which big box marts have them?

TentHunter

I still use my 10+ year old Weber kettle (those things have a 10 year warranty on the kettle). Its what I learned to smoke on and contrary to popular belief I find them easy to control (if you take the time to learn how).

I had to replace the handles, the one touch cleaning system and the grates earlier this year, but I just couldn't bring myself to throw it away! Its like and old friend.

jimsbarbecue

Weber 22 and a 18 WSM. There are times those and the MAK Grills are all working. This Christmas I am sure I will be using them all.

TentHunter

I have to admit... every time I go to the BPS website that Teirnan S.O.B. 4-48 sure catches my attention. That is my kind of cooker for when I do the big BBQ cookouts.

Bear

I haven't cooked on charcoal in at least 2 years. We used to cook on one at the office once a week until a couple of years ago, when we were downsized to few enough people that it wasn't worth the effort.

cowgirl

I still cook on charcoal. I use my drum quite a bit and some of my smaller grills. Can't beat the Memphis for convenience though. :)

Phrett Bender

I use my Weber kettle, 22", for grilling steaks/burgers. The BGE is usually idle until I mention it should go! lol I have fired up one of the UDS's for butts, but only if I need the GMG for something else. They all do something excellent, they all do everything OK, so they get used as the excellent cooking applies

Big Poppa

Administrator
It's funny phrett when you are thinking of rotating out a smoker it knows.....and you fall in love with it again

Top Bottom