Buffalo Rib-Eye, Shrimp and Twice Baked Potato Surf 'N Turf

MossyMO

Found a couple forgotten about small buffalo rib-eye steaks in the freezer that seemed perfect for a Memorial weekend meal. Applied a light coating of roasted garlic olive oil and seasoned with Tatonka Dust.

-----

-----

Put the steaks and twice baked potatoes on the grill and smoked for an hour at 150º with Tennessee Whiskey Barrel pellets in both the hopper and the tube smoker.

-----

Then cranked up the heat to 500º and started searing the steaks on the grill grates and added the panned shrimp that were seasoned with Tatonka Dust, minced garlic and butter.

-----

-----

Just had to add both pics of the steaks getting there grill marks during the sear cause I thought the sparks in the pictures were pretty cool!

-----

-----

All plated up...

-----

MMMmmm, so good!

Thanks for looking!

Looks great Marty! I have never tried buffalo, but it looks real good. How does it compare to beef? Looks a little more lean, but how about taste?

MossyMO

Looks great Marty! I have never tried buffalo, but it looks real good. How does it compare to beef? Looks a little more lean, but how about taste?

Thanks! This rib-eye was a little more fatty than most buffalo rib-eye's we have had, but the taste was all there! Buffalo compared to beef I would describe as a stronger, more beefier taste with quite bit less fat. If you fry up buffalo burger crumbling it for say spaghetti there is next to no grease to drain off in comparison to even lean beef burger.

Thanks! This rib-eye was a little more fatty than most buffalo rib-eye's we have had, but the taste was all there! Buffalo compared to beef I would describe as a stronger, more beefier taste with quite bit less fat. If you fry up buffalo burger crumbling it for say spaghetti there is next to no grease to drain off in comparison to even lean beef burger.

Thanks for the info. I am going to have to give buffalo a try.

Top Bottom